Chapter 31

"How are we going to find Matilda's body? And if we were to find her tomb, how do we summon her back to life?" Lucian ask them as the Mikaelson thought of it.

"We can do necromancy, can we not?"
"No, necromancy is forbidden as you know. Summoning someone back from the dead is dangerous." Henrik tells Anastasia.

"But it could work, could it not?" She ask again as Henrik crosses his arms and sighs.

"Yes, but it could also be dangerous for no one here knows necromancy nor a spell to bring the dead back to life."
"Then we find a witch that could." Rebekah tells him as Henrik shook his head.

"Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves we still need to look for a body." Lucian tells them as they sigh.

"How far is the lake from New Orleans?" Niklaus ask and they shrugged.

"I believe I can help." They heard and turned around to see Aven.

"Father." She runs to him and hugs him which he returns. They pulled away as the others walk towards them.

"I see that the family has grown a bit."
"His not part of it." Kol pointed at Lucien who rolled his eyes.

"Do you know where Matilda's tomb is?" She ask him.

"Not sure, I have been looking for her tomb ever since but no such luck. A friend of mine who was a witch had told me the riddle which I have given you all that in hopes you all find it as well."

"All we know is that the riddle leads to a river within the forest, but...that's all."

"What if it's not a river?" Lucien spoke causing them all to look at him.

"What do you mean?"
"Do you know where they were born?"
"No, not really."
"What about your old friend? Maybe we should pay a visit."
"If you find her tomb and take her old skinny body out of the casket then possibly she might tell you." Aven smiles sarcastically and Lucien rolls his eyes.

"It will also need to sacrifice if we were to bring Matilda to life." Aven tells them.

"That's easy, we take a human being and kill them." Lucien shrugs making everyone glare at him. Aven shook his head before looking at him.

"It just doesn't need a random soul child. That is not how necromancy work."
"Then what does it need?" Elijah ask him as Aven sighs.

"The soul of someone who is pure, loved, and cared by many." Aven tells him as he looks at his daughter with sadness and everyone did as well.

"No, she will not be sacrificing herself to a woman who's dead. There has to be a way."
"Elijah."
"I SAID NO." Elijah shouted shutting Klaus up. He took a deep breath as Anastasia held him to calm him.

"I will not loose my wife. Never again. Hell will have to freeze a thousand times before I let that happen." He tells them and held her tightly in his arms.

"It is also a shame for you to even think such a thing as well. She is your daughter for christ sake."
"I would never put my daughter in deep danger."
"She wouldn't be in deep danger in the first place if you had been with her and her mother! You left them to protect them but at what cost?! Almost killing them of starvation. What happens if Holdes where to find them before our parents did? Your wife will be too fragile to protect her daughter and Anastasia would barely put a fight. He would have gotten her years ago. You just got lucky that they have been able to find them before he could." Elijah growls angrily making Anastasia to hold him tightly.

"Enough! Both of you. Fighting will not be the solution to our problem. You both have caused Anastasia more danger and problems! She does not deserve this banter from both her husband and father! Matter of fact she does not deserve both of you because she deserves better yet she only choose to stay because of her love. She forgives but I know she never forgets. It's Anastasia's choice on what she wants and we know what she wants. We don't have to like it, but it will be a support that she needs." Finn crosses his arms as Anastasia gave him a appreciating smile and a thank you.

"Finn's right, we do not have a say in this at all." Kol agrees along with the others except for Lucien and Elijah but they both stayed silent.

"Anastasia?" Henrik looks at her as Anastasia looks at everyone as well as her husband.

"We'll have to do it. It's the only way." She tells them and Elijah closes his eyes as everyone else nodded.

"But what if there is a way?" Elijah ask her looking at her.

"If there is one then it will be a lot harder than what we have now. I want my family to live and I want to stop this war before it gets out of hand. Even if I have to die, I know you will take good care of our children." She tells him placing both her hand on his cheek as he leans against it and closing his eyes as well. Tears slid down as everyone stayed silent. Anastasia kept a smile for comfort towards everyone before kissing him which he returns and places his head against hers.

"I don't want to loose you again." He whispers his heart breaking.

"As do I, but we have to do this my love. You know it." She tells him and he nods.

Aven looks down in sadness knowing that he as well will loose his daughter before looking up at them.

"I'll see where to find Matilda's body. Let me handle this. This is my fight and I brought you all into it, including my daughter. I'll do what I can to make it up this time." Aven tells him before bidding his goodbye and left the mansion.

"Are you sure this is what you wanted?" Rebekah ask her.

"Beks." Freya warns.

"I'm just asking out of curiosity."
"Yes, Rebekah. If it means to protect those who I love, I will do anything even if my own blood has to spill." She tells her and she nodded tears flowing out of her eyes.

Freya walks up to Anastasia before hugging her tightly as she returned it as well. Tears falls from her eyes as she gulped down a ball of air that was stuck on her throat.

"I'm so sorry."
"It's okay sister." Anastasia smiles and kisses her hair before the pulled away as Anastasia wipes her tears.

"I envy your bravery. I feel that Serena will be just like you." She smiles happily as Anastasia chuckles.

"Of course she will be. I'm her mother." She says jokingly which got everyone to laugh for a bit and agree with her. They knew their happiness will never last without Anastasia by their side but they also knew to cherish the moments they have with her. Every single of it.