Chapter Twenty Four - Saving Leila pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"What happened?" he asked.

"I will not wait longer, dad. Tonight, we are going to Italy and get her back. I am going alone if you don't want to," I firmly said, leaving no space for arguing.

"Fine," he said.

"Fine?" I asked in confusion, not thinking that he would give in that easily.

"Yes," he shrugged.

"Great! I will go to the warehouse and get the men ready. I already called Danny and told him to get ready as well."

"Wow...You were really going there alone even if I said no, right?" he asked.

"Of course!" I replied.

"Well, son, now you have convinced me that you are ready to take over."

"Weren't you already convinced when you kept on nagging for me to take over two years ago?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah, but you are more ready now. Now you are ready to take care of a family," he explained.

* * *

It was midnight when we arrived in Italy. Danny, my father, and I stepped out of the private jet and made our way to the cars waiting for us.

Fortunately for us, our other Italian allies made sure that Giovanni would not know of our arrival. We made sure that he didn't know what was coming for him.

They also provided us with a place to stay and weapons to use. In exchange, we would help them get weapons from the U.S. without the government knowing. It was the same thing that we didn't allow Giovanni to do, but now we were desperate for any cooperation. Plus, Giovanni is an arrogant, abusive, asshole that didn't deserve shit. The only thing he deserved was a bullet to his head that I will soon put.

"Are you sure we can trust those people?" Danny asked as he stepped into the car.

"Yes. Alfonso is my long-time friend and the thing that he wanted the most was to get weapons from the U.S., so I had to agree," my father said.

"Good."

The driver took us to the house that we were staying in. The risk in this mission was that only three two of our most trusted men, Carlos and Stephen, were going on the mission. The less we were, the better. That way we wouldn't attract attention and no one would suspect anything.

When we arrived at the two-story house, we took our bags inside and each one of us chose a room to stay in.

My father was staying alone, Danny and I together, and Carlos and Stephen shared a room.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked, changing into his sweatpants.

"Yes, why?"

"I don't know, you look sad."

"Of course, I am sad, Danny, but mostly mad. I just don't want anything bad to happen to her, especially now that he knows that she is pregnant."

"I hope nothing happens to her, don't worry man."

"Thanks, Dan."

* * *

We left 5 hours after we had arrived, I didn't want to waste time and we had a lot of planning to do.

We were going to Alfonso's warehouse to discuss some things, and plan for the mission to save Leila.

I wasn't going to lie and say that I trusted Alfonso, but I didn't have a choice. As long as my father trusted him, I was good. I didn't care what measures I had to take to save Leila, even if it meant that I had to become allies with another mafia, not that Alfonso's mafia wasn't an ally before.

I hid my two guns behind my back and wore the suit jacket. I made sure I had enough bullets for now, just in case something happened on the way.

By then, I knew that Giovanni would have maximized security because I felt that he knew we were coming. There were going to be a lot of men, but I was sure that they weren't as expert as we were. After all, I was a professional assassin.

And I learned from the best, my father.

"Welcome, Lorenzo Gonzalez," Alfonso greeted my father with open arms.

"Good to see you, Alfonso," my father replied, giving him a quick hug.

"Demetrio," Alfonso nodded, shaking my hand.

"This is Daniel, our most trusted man," I introduced Danny and they shook hands.

Carlos and Stephen stayed outside of the office.

"As you know, we came here for a very important matter," my father started.

"Si, si. I want would like to know the reason behind going after Giovanni if it's okay with you," Alfonso said.

"Alfonso, you have two daughters and they are the world to you, am I right?" my father started, earning a suspicious look from Alfonso, but he just nodded. "Well, Giovanni is abusing a girl that we care deeply about. She is also pregnant."

"Mhm, you are talking about his wife, right?"

"Ex-wife and yes," I butted in, earning a glare from my father.

"I see," he said as he nodded, "Well, then, I will help you. After all, I wouldn't want to see any of my daughters hurt or treated badly. The mafia life is so dangerous that even I feel guilty that I brought them into it."

"Thank you, my friend," my father said with a smile as he shook hands with him.

"Of course. When do you want to start?" Alfonso asked.

"Now," I quickly said. "The faster we start, the better."

"Okay. Let me show you the storage room where I keep all the weapons and armory. You can take anything you like, and I will have cars ready for you to take. Bulletproof ones."

With that, we followed him out.

My heartbeats were erratic.

I couldn't believe that I would see Leila and have her in my arms.

* * *