04: Spectacle

Park Nariko stood in the back of The French Tower, kneading the dough for a baguette and having a quiet conversation with one of the other chefs, Yumei. They had started talking about new possible menu options, but then Yumei asked about her visit with her cousin, which had sparked a discussion about his friend who had showed up with him.

"But he was cute?" Yumei asked, smirking.

Nari sighed, kneading with more force than was probably necessary. "I mean yeah, but he had this sour look on his face the whole time." She shook her, pulling her hands from the dough and wiping them on her smock. "I mean, when you look like this," She made a stoic expression, pulling her eyebrows together, pressing her lips into a thin line, and narrowing her eyes. "It's a little hard to be attractive."

Yumei laughed louder than was necessary, causing all the other workers in the vicinity to turn towards them. "What exactly are they in town for?"

Nari shrugged. "They live here anyways, Yumei, just in a different district." She slid the dough into a bowl and placed cling wrap over it to allow it time to rise. "Something about their newest album debut. They have their showcase here, and it's in the morning, or tomorrow afternoon or something, I don't know."

"Are you not going to their show?" Yumei asked, and Nari thought it was concern. Yumei worked with Nari in Flour Power as well as here, at the The French Tower. She figured her co worker would offer to take her shift, since she had off. "Did he give you tickets? I will totally take those for you."

Nari rolled her eyes. "No, he didn't because I told him I was busy with work." Yumei frowned. Nari quietly wiped her hands on her apron and turned to her friend. "Would you like to meet EXO?"

Yumei's eyes widened. "What?"

Nari smiled. "They're here. They came for dinner. Chanyeol wanted to visit me-"

"You're... related... to-" She screamed, and Nari realized where she went wrong. Yumei must not have been one of the people Nari had originally told that she was related to the idol, who was rather big. "Oh my god! You're serious! I thought your cousin was in some up and coming-" Another scream.

Nari rolled her eyes, shooing the few that stopped to see if Yumei was okay. "Yumei, if you stop screaming, I'll try to talk one of them into going on a date with you."

Yumei's eyes got wide. "From EXO?"

"No, from our kitchen staff." Nari answered sarcastically. Yumei sucked in her lips and held a finger to them, indicating she'd be quiet. "Look, I don't need you fangirling over my cousin and his friends, okay?"

Yumei nodded. "So was the sour one Sehun?"

"That's his name." Nari said, smiling and shaking her head. "He didn't talk much, and Channie Oppa only said it once." Yumei made a face like she was about to explode into another screaming fit, and Nari gave her a warning look. "I swear to god, Yumei."

"I won't I promise!" She said, covering her mouth.