03: Explanations

Corina sat in silence inside of the cab Kai had called for her. She wasn't wearing shoes which, surprisingly, wasn't what was pissing her off. She was still wearing his clothes, which also wasn't what was making her the most angry. What was making her incredibly infuriated was how smooth he'd been about paying the cabbie.

She wasn't sure why.

Why he'd paid, after all she was the one in the car, why he was so quick about it, and why, after loading her into the cab, he told her he'd see her again. All these things made her angry to absolutely no end, and she couldn't explain it, so she sat in silence, staring out the window as the cab drove straight. She'd given her address when Kai was far enough away not to hear it, and they were nearing her apartment at that moment. She was thankful. All she wanted was for the day to be over.

The cab stopped. "Have a nice day, miss." The man said as she climbed out.

"Thank you, you as well." She said, closing the door and starting towards her apartment building. She moved inside, greeted the man behind the front desk and moved towards the elevator. The manager gave her an odd look when she greeted him, looking down at her feet, and looking over the clothes that clearly were not her own. "Excuse me, sir," She said lightly, breezing into the elevator and pressing the button that brought her to the fourteenth floor, where she and her roommate resided.

They were the last apartment at the far end of the apartment building. She silently moved down the hall all the way to her apartment. It was quiet on the outside, but she knew that when she unlocked the door she would be engulfed in loud, boy band music that she didn't necessarily care for. With a sigh, she punched in the seven digit code and, when the little tune played signaling that the door was unlocked, she opened it.

She wasn't wrong. Music blared around her. It was an upbeat, incredibly feminine song. Corina rolled her eyes. It wasn't that she didn't like Korean music. It was just that all the bands her roommate, Ahn Min Young, listened to bands with music that Corina found to be the equivalent of the American Justin Bieber.

Upon hearing the door close behind her, Corina wasn't surprised to hear stomping down the stairs. "Rina? Rina, is that you?"

"Who else has our passcode, Min Young? For a man with a name that literally means clever forever, you aren't all that clever." Corina sighed, standing in the entry way with her arms crossed.

Min Young turned around the corner and hurried down the hall towards her. Corina's roommate had been her friend since middle school. Originally, they had been pen pals, but when she moved to the country to teach, they reconnected and rented an apartment together, just down the street from where they taught. Min Young hadn't changed too much in the years Corina had known him. He was still tall, still lanky, and he still had the same mischievous black brown eyes he'd had when they had first met, only now, his hair no longer brushed his shoulders. It was cut away from his eyes, but was long and textured, enough to reach the bottom of his ears on the sides. He'd claimed to have modeled it after Lee Min-ho in City Hunter, which Min Young was obsessed with, but Corina thought it was an incredible mistake.

At that moment, his brown eyes weren't mischievous, they were worried. "Where the hell have you been? I was so worried!" He said, pulling her into a hug. "Who was that stupid man?"