"Hey, Tate."

"Hey, Ty. Officer Williams, this is my brother and Logan's father, Dr. Tyler Law. Whatever damages need to be covered, we'll pay them now. The store owner said they won't press charges."

Well, that's a relief.

"That's fine. I just hope these two learned their lesson," the officer stated.

"If they haven't, I guarantee you they will," I chimed in.

He shook both of our hands and Tate and I each wrote a check covering the damages. Sharna snapped her fingers and Matteo ran to her side. She was a completely different person at the moment. I glared and Logan and motioned for him to come over to me. He was still crying.

"Wipe you face and shut your mouth."

Yes, I was being harsh, but this is what he needed. You want to fool around and do something like that, you're not getting anything nice out of me. If Izzy was here, she'd be spanking his behind as we speak. I took Logan's hand in mine and he struggled a little bit, but stopped resisting once I gave his hand a firm squeeze. Getting to the parking lot, Tatum finally spoke.

"I know that Matteo can be a handful. I'm sorry for all this, Ty."

I shook my head.

"Handful or not, Logan is accountable for his own actions. Isn't that right?" I questioned, looking down at my son.

"Yes, dad," he quietly said.

"Come here, Matteo," Tate called out.

I watched my nephew let go of his mother's hand, coming and standing next to his father. Tatum motioned to us while he kept his hand on Teo's shoulder. Our dad used to do that to us and if anything slick came out of our mouths, shoulder squeeze.

"I'm sorry for getting Logan in trouble, Uncle Ty. It wasn't his idea to run off, but he didn't want me to be alone. He also told me I should leave the games behind. I was just..."

"Being a hard head that doesn't know when to quit," Tate chimed in.

He was taking the fall for Logan and while I commend him for standing up for his little cousin, I knew my son wasn't fully innocent.

"While I admire you defending your cousin, he's not off the hook. Logan knows not to run off. He also knows not to take anything from a store. I'm sure you know that too, right?"

"Yes, sir," he mumbled, putting his head down.

I noticed Tate squeeze his shoulder and Teo quickly lifted his head.

"So, keep that in mind the next time you two are together. Today you got lucky, next time you won't be. They'll haul both of your asses out of here and we won't be able to do anything about it. Do you want to go to a juvenile detention center?"

He quickly shook his head.

"You start this habit of stealing, that's what will happen. Your father being a cop won't save you. Brandon being a lawyer won't either."

He nodded not saying anything else.

"You understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes, sir."

"Logan?"

"Yes, dad."

"Tyler, I am so sorry. I was checking out in one store and they were on either side of me. Then just like that, they snuck away. I really do apologize. I just hope you don't let Logan away from Teo," Sharna stated.

I sighed.

"Matteo and Logan are cousins. They remind me a lot of Brandon and I. Trouble isn't going to keep them a part, but there do need to be more rules and consequences in place. Maybe the four of us can sit down and get on the same page going forward so something like this won't happen again," I stated.