Enrollment

As I walked down the busy streets with my hood up to keep the rain out of my eyes I thought about what I was about to do. 'Is entering the Pin Wars a good idea?' 'Would I even get far enough to even see them, let alone get to talk to them?' 'If I see them would they even give me the time of day to talk with me about what happened to Mom?' These thoughts filled my mind as I stopped in front of a tall building with a large poster in the window that reads:

Enroll in the PIN WARS today!

Enrollment: April 1st - May20th

Starts May 28 and ends August 10th

Prizes: Over ONE MILLION DOLLARS, benefits from Lucid Corp®, Exclusive Pins

JOIN TODAY!

I took in a deep breath and let it out before stepping into the lobby of the building and pulled my hood down as I looked around the lobby that was filled with the soft ticking sound of the clock that hangs on the wall just above the reception desk. "Hello, are you here to register into the Pin Wars?," the woman behind the desk asked as I got up there. "Yeah, I am, um, what do I need to fill out?," I asked as I looked over the desk for anything I could use as a clue.

"Of course, just fill these out and may I see your pin so I can put it into our records and your name?," She said as she handed me a packet and a pen. "Sure, and my name is Frisk Hart," I said as I took off my pin that was a scarlet red heart from my black hoodie that was under my oversized blue sweater with lavender strips. "A red soul user I see, those are getting rare nowadays," She told me as she tapped the center of the heart for a hologram screen to appear.

She pressed the icon that had a red silhouette of a person. She swapped to the bottom and wrote down a few things before handing it back to me. "Just sit over there while you fill it out and turn it to me before you leave," She said as gestures to her left to a row of chairs and a few tables. "Thank you," I said with a small nod as I walked over there and took a seat.

Most of the questions were easy to fill out. It asked for age, date of birth, address and things like that. But now the boring part, the terms and conditions and all the legal stuff. As I started to read it I heard the door open and when I looked up I saw three people walk in.

The first one was a boy with very curly light blond-brown hair with an undercut, the lightest blue eyes I've ever seen with skin that looked tanned. He wore black goggles that rested on top of his head, a white leather with what looks like two eye sockets and a skeleton nose hole? I have no clue what it's called. A black shirt, black gloves, blue jeans, and dirt covers sneakers. He looked like he was about my age, so maybe seventeen?

The person after him was an older woman that looked about in her early sixties. Her skin was pale, eyes that were very light blue, kinda like mine, with wrinkles under them. Her grey hair was up in a bun with some locks falling out of the bun. She wore a light grey sweater under a purple cardigan and a floor length black skirt. She had a wooden cane to help her stand straight up. She looks familiar, but I can't put a finger on it.

And lastly a young boy quickly followed in after the older woman. He had the same features as the teenager, but he had a lot of freckles and his hair was more of a mess compared to him. He wore a white long sleeve shirt that had a yellow stripe on the ends, baggy black sweatpants, and red sneakers. He had a red scarf that trailed behind him as he came inside from the rain. By looking at him he looked like he could be about eight or nine.

The three walked up to the desk and the older woman and the boy my age did the same thing as I did. The older woman was first then got the pack and walked over to where I was with the little kid as he finished. As they passed me by she gave me a warm smile. "You're joining as well, hun?," She asked me as they both sat down a few chairs away from me. "Um, yeah, I am, Ma'am," I said unsurely with a small nod. "Hi, I'm Mikey!," The little kid said excitedly. "Um, hey, Mikey, I'm Frisk," I said with a small smile.

"Frisk is a weird name," Mikey said looked around the room. "Now Mikey, that's rude to say," The older woman said as she looked over to him. "Why? I never heard someone called that before," He said in his defense, not sure what he did wrong. "It's fine, people usually think my name is a little strange," I told her to help Mikey to get out of trouble if he is in any situation. "I suppose, anyways, my name is Iris, hun," She said as she reached over her hand to me. I shook it, "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Iris," I told her.

"So you are entering with some of your friends or family members?," She asked as she took her hand back and went over the packet with Mikey. "No, I'm doing it by myself," I told her. "I see, well good luck to you then," She told me. "I'm entering with my brother Mark!," Mikey told me as he leaned forward in the chair to look at me clearly. "Really now? That sounds fun," I told him with a small laugh.

"Mikey, don't talk to strangers," the older boy that I can assume is Mark said as he came over and sat by him. "But they're Frisk?," He said, confused at Mark. "Now Markus, he only joined the conversation because I asked them if they were also joining," Iris told him to clear it up. "Whatever," He said as he rolled his eyes and started to fill out the packet and help Mikey as well.