Attachment

Michael Dahmer - Dad

Juliet stared at the call button on the contact page for longer than she would care to admit. She hadn't talked to her father since the day she moved to LA, but she had to contact him sooner or later.

Pressing the call button, she put the call on speakerphone, and she saw Colby come in with a sandwhich wrapped in a napkin. She motioned for him to come into the room, and he sat on the bed next to her, placing the sandwhich on her lap. "Hello?" Juliet's eyes grew wide.

"H-Hi, Dad." She answered, and the call went silent. "Look who finally decided to call her old man. How've you been, kiddo?" Her father's sweet voice made her feel warm inside, but she had to stay focused. "So, I have something to tell you, but I need a confirmation that you are still at home." Juliet told him, and he was quite confused.

"Well you know that I can't leave Clay even if I wanted to get away from this hellhole, so yes, I'm still in Milwaukee." Mr. Dahmer confirmed, and Colby looked very shocked. "Great, because the team and I are going to be investagating the Oxford Apartments in the next couple weeks, and I'm turning 25 the day that we do the investagation." Juliet explained, glaring at Colby when she mentioned her birthday.

"Now why the absolute hell would you wanna do that?! You know that damn place is haunted beyond hell!" Mr. Dahmer boomed, and Juliet sighed in defeat. "Not my decision, dad." She said, and Colby motioned for the phone. "My boyfriend wants to talk to you for some reason, so please behave." She handed Colby the phone and walked out of the room with her sandwhich.

"Hello, Mr. Dahmer." Colby greeted, and he was genuinely scared of Juliet's father for some unknown reason. "You must be the Colby kid I see all over the internet. Good to know my daughter found somebody to handle her stubborn nature." Mr. Dahmer chuckled, and Colby took a deep breath before continuing.

"Let me tell you something, Colby." Mr. Dahmer spoke before Colby could start. "If you love that kid in any way, you will not bring her here. For the longest time, our family has believed that the spirit of you-know-who latched itself to her since she's the last pureblood Dahmer, and bringing that here would be like sacrificing her to the devil." Colby was told, and he was horrified by the information.

"So you're saying that Juliet has known about the attachment this whole time, and that's why she was so pissed that we got the investagation approved?" Colby clarified, and when he heard Mr. Dahmer hum a "yes", everything began to make sense.

"Thank you for letting me know, sir." Colby said, hanging up the call and throwing the phone to the other side of the bed. As if she read his mind, Juliet came back into the room to find her boyfriend sprawled out on the bed, eyes fixed on the roof. "That roof must be interesting, huh." She said, scaring Colby shitless.

"Why didn't you tell me that the spirit of a serial killer was attached to you?" Colby accused, catching Juliet off guard. "Whatever my father told you was an absolute lie. He is a heavy drinker, and he was probably wasted!" Juliet lied, knowing exactly what her father had said to Colby.

"Seemed perfectly sober to me." Colby sternly countered, but Juliet refused to admit the truth. She couldn't even bring herself to accept it, much less admit to Colby that her father was telling the truth...