XPLR

Pitch black. A single chair. A child's arm with a chunk of the flesh bitten off.

"No!"

Juliet woke up from a deep sleep in a cold sweat, panting and shaking. The clock on the girl's phone read 7:03, giving her the helpful idea that it is morning.

She heard the doorknob turn in a hurry, and a figure ran behind her, slipping onto the bed and wrapping their arms around her. "Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" She sighed in relief, smelling the familiar cologne of her boyfrined, Colby.

"Nothing, just a bad dream." Juliet lied, but Colby knew better. "C'mere, you stubborn woman." He giggled, pulling her backwards so her head would land on his chest. "I'm not stubborn!" Juliet acted as if he had offended her, and he shook his head while leaning closer and planting a small kiss onto her forehead.

"Corey brought coffee if the lovebirds want a cup!" The pair heard their best friend Sam yell from downstairs. Juliet looked up at Colby before dashing out of the bedroom they shared, leaving Colby to pout on the unmade bed.

-

Grabbing the coffee that Corey specifically got for her, Juliet sat at the island wiith her feet dangling, grabbing a doughnut from the top dunkin donuts box. "How are you today, Mrs. Juliet Brock?" Sam joked while he grabbed a chocolate glazed donut from the box.

"That doesn't even sound right!" Juliet laughed with a successful attempt at not choking on the doughnut. "You could go by your middle name. Rayne Brock sounds like a goth name, and both of your damn wardrobes are pitch black." Seth piped in, and Colby walked into the room to find his girlfriend dying of laughter on the floor.

"I think I'll stick to Dahmer for the moment. Unlike everyone else in this country, I've grown to accept my name." Juliet admitted when she was able to catch her breath. "Oh! Speaking of Dahmer..." Colby grabbed his computer from the dining room table, typing vigorously on the keyboard. When he was finished, he showed the group the computer screen.

"What am I looking at, here?" Sam questioned, and Colby pursed his lips together in annoyance. "We were approved to investagate the Oxford Apartments!" He announced, and everybody cheered. Well, everybody except Juliet. "Wait, did you not tell Julie about the plan??" Seth exclaimed, noticing how pale the girl's face became.

"When are the dates?" Juliet asked in a cautious tone, and Colby looked at his computer again. "...shit." He muttered, and Juliet took his computer from him. "June 1st? Cole Robert Brock, you're sleeping on the couch until then." Juliet growled, walking off with Colby's computer still in her hands. "Juliet Rayne Dahmer, you don't mean that!" Colby yelled as his girlfriend stormed off, only getting a middle finger as a response.

Colby turned to his friends, only to find them recording the whole thing. "Dude, she's pissed!" Sam laughed, and Colby just rolled his eyes. "June 1st was literally the only day they gave me, and Juliet hates Milwaukee already, so I guess I just dumped a shitload of gasoline onto the fire." He explained. "That explains why she didn't go to that meeting." Seth pointed out, and Colby glanced at Sam with a worried expression.

They both knew that the whole trip was a bad idea, but they weren't ones to turn down a challenge, and Colby knew Juliet wasn't one to sit out unless it was life or death...