Tears

Ironically, they were back at the same bus stop they had met in. Taehyun gently lowered Beomgyu down onto the benches and then took a seat beside him, involuntary tears already sliding down his face as he roughly tried to wipe them.

Beomgyu, turned to look at him, shocked. He reached out to touch Taehyun but the latter slapped his hand away, sniffling.

"I thought, I really thought you were getting better you know? I was even starting to find my happiness in you thinking you felt the same too." he said, managing to stable his voice a little.

Beomgyu's gaze shifted to the road before them. The emptiness in them completely back once again.

"I thought so too Taehyunnie, but I was wrong I guess." he said, eyes still on leaving the floor.

Taehyun wiped his eyes before grabbing one of Beomgyu's wrists. He pulled his sleeve up and brought one of Beomgyu's scars to his lips, gently kissing them one by one. As his grip on Beomgyu's hand tightened.

The latter looked at him in confusion.

"Beomgyu..why don't you see the person you're hurting?" he asked softly, averting his eyes.

"The person that has made my past month the best one ever. The person who has the most beautiful smile and the corniest jokes ever that always make me laugh whenever I'm down. The softest hands I've ever held. The most charming personality I've ever come across-"

"Taehyun.."

The latter paused. This was the first time Beomgyu had actually used his name without any cute additions or 'princess.' 

Had he gone overboard? Either way, he didn't care. He needed Beomgyu to hear these words, to know how much he meant to Taehyun.

"No, shut up. You don't really know how much our relationship means to us do you? At first I thought I was being dragged into a mess but right from the next day I took a liking to you. In fact, I felt attached to you after the very first week. That didn't even happen with Huening Kai you know?! Do you know how much I looked forward to meeting up with you almost everyday? I even smiled at your texts without realizing it until Kai pointed it out."

"Taehyun, I.."

The blonde huffed, finally letting go of Beomgyu's wrists and turning to to look at him, eyes widening a little. 

Beomgyu's eyes were still on the street, but his shoulder's were shaking with soft hiccups. 

He never had expected Taehyun to say so much. His heart hurt. He didn't know if he was happy or sad anymore.

Taehyun's words meant so much to him but he couldn't bring himself to say anything, holding his breath to try and swallow the lump in his throat.

"Wait..I'm sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you." Taehyun said, cupping his face, brushing the few stray tears that had escaped, away with his thumbs.

Beomgyu leaned into his touch completely, before sighing and shutting his eyes tight.

"Taehyunnie...I- I tried...I really did princess. But I don't think I can do this anymore. I physically can't take it anymore Taehyun...I really can't."

Beomgyu whispered before his face crumpled and he doubled over with a sob into Taehyun's open arms, which enveloped him into a warm and tight hug.

Taehyun's face was nuzzled into Beomgyu's hair as the latter's sobs echoed into the suddenly empty night. The breeze had stopped too and seemed like time around them was at a pause too. The night no longer felt comforting or beautiful to Taehyun. 

It felt like the world was suddenly closing in on him.

Taehyun's grip on Beomgyu tightened when he buried his face deeper into his chest. He tried to hide Beomgyu away from the cruel world, the world that had caused such a beautiful person so much hurt.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 • taegyuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara