Cafe

He turned around.

and froze.

"Beomgyu?! What happened to your hand?"

Said boy looked confused before looking down at his sleeve and realizing it was stained red and was starting to drip blood now. His eyes widened for a second before he sighed. 

"One of my cuts opened up I guess." he said, pulling his sleeve higher and staring at his hand making Taehyun slightly flinch. Before anything more happened, he quickly pulled out his handkerchief and wrapped it around Beomgyu's wrist securing the injury and applied light pressure on it to try and make the bleeding stop.

Beomgyu stared at him, wordlessly, watching him try and take care of his injury that he very clearly self inflicted. After a few minutes, Taehyun glared up at him.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? What if the cut was too deep?" He said, angrily.

Beomgyu shrugged. Taehyun wanted to dislocate his shoulders.

"Told you princess, I want to die, so if the cut ran deeper, its beneficial for me either way."

Taehyun looked at him with clear hurt on his face. "Can you atleast try? We were supposed to have a good time at the cafe today but I don't even have the mood to do anything fun right now." He said turning away and facing the cafe.

At this Beomgyu's expression finally changed to a one of slight remorse. He didn't understand why Taehyun had so much of a problem when it wasn't even his injury. Plus they had known each other for about a day only, he didn't get why it was such a problem.

"I'm sorry...uh, how about I treat you to your favorite drink in there?" He offered.

Taehyun rolled his eyes. "If you think you can distract me using that excuse you're wrong. But either way, I accept yet again." he said, starting to walk to the cafe. Beomgyu smiled at this and joined him after pulling on a jacket. 

They were seated at the very end of the cafe, with dim orange lighting and smell of cocoa in the air. Beomgyu loved the atmosphere here, making him involuntarily smile.

Taehyun noticed this and made a mental note to try and bring him here often. Maybe he could start showing him a reason to live with the cafe. Hey, atleast it was something. If not a lot, the effort still counted. They fell into conversation about classes until they realised they had to order.

"Drinks are still on me Taehyunnie, don't worry." Beomgyu said, smiling. Taehyun laughed and nodded before heading up to the counter to place their order once he made note of both

"Good afternoon, what would you like to have?" A tall and handsome man greeted him with a bright dimpled smile. Taehyun automatically liked this guy. He had a really nice vibe surrounding him.

Soobin, read his nametag. Oh so this was the guy Huening Kai and Beomgyu mentioned.

"One chilled latte with extra sugar and Green tea mocha latte." He answered with a smile, silently thankful he got both orders right. Soobin nodded.

"Oh you're here with Beomgyu?" He asked, after getting their names for both their orders. "I've never seen him with you before, are you both perhaps a thing?" He asked, eyes lighting up. 

Taehyun choked on hair. "No! We literally met for the first time yesterday. And well, here we are." He said, regaining his composure, making Soobin laugh. 

"I see, I see. Well I'll have Kai get your drinks over, you can go back to your seat now." He said smiling. Taehyun returned it and walked back to his seat. Before he reached, he stopped for a moment, and noticed Beomgyu looking down at his wrist that had Taehyun's handkerchief tied around it. He was glad to see that the blood hadn't seeped through which meant the cut wasn't too deep. He continued walking and took his seat in front of Beomgyu making the latter look up and wave.

"I met Soobin hyung. He thought we were a couple." Taehyun said huffing and moving his bangs out of his eyes. 

Beomgyu raised his eyebrows before bursting out laughing. "To be honest I don't blame him."

"What do you mean?"

"We're two really good looking guys so why wouldn't people think we're dating?"

Taehyun sighed. He didn't understand how looks of either people had anything to do with assuming their relationship status but regardless he nodded. Beomgyu was right about the good looks after all.

"Beomgyu, is your hand hurting?" He suddenly asked, startling the boy a little with that change of topic.

"Not as much as my thoughts." Beomgyu said, doing a hair flip with the amount of hair he could muster.

Taehyun stared at him in disbelief. Was this guy depressed or did he have a really weird and dark sense of humour?

"Look, I honestly don't understand how you find anything about this funny. This is the second time we've met and yet again it's you trying to die."

Beomgyu raised his hands up in defence. "Now now, when did I say I'd not try to die?"

Taehyun shook his head. "I told you I'd find a reason for you to live right? Then stop doing this...please. Its not going to help either way."

"It actually helps you know! The physical pain distracts you off the mental one so easily." Beomgyu said, brightening up instantly. Taehyun sighed. He was done with this conversation. Right as if to save the atmosphere from becoming awkward, Kai popped in with their drinks.

"Hi! I hope you guys didn't have to wait too long!" He placed their drinks down and gave them some napkins. Before he left, Taehyun decided to introduce them.

"By the way Kai, this is Beomgyu and Beomgyu, this is Huening Kai. my friend."

"Only friend you mea- OW" Kai abruptly shut up, rubbing his arm with a pout earning a laugh from Beomgyu. "Certainly the best entry ever. Nice to meet you Huening Kai." He held out his hand and Kai shook it with a smile, before noticing the makeshift bandage on his hand. 

"Shit what happened to your hand?" He asked, a worried expression crossing his face immediately.

"Oh, I was just trying to die." Beomgyu answered, with the same smile.

Kai paused for a moment before making eye contact with Taehyun who just shrugged and shook his head in response. "That's how he is." he said. Kai raised an eyebrow. 

"Um well, if you ever need anything, I'm always here." He told Beomgyu with a smile before waving at both of them and walking away, his smile fading into confusion.

"Well won't you look at that. I've known him for 2 minutes and he's already in love with me." Beomgyu said, clicking his tongue with a smile.

"He's not in love, he's concerned you dumbass." Taehyun said, sipping his drink.

"Why do people seem to care about someone they barely know?" Beomgyu asked, genuine confusion crossing his face.

"I don't know Beomgyu. Maybe some of us have some humanity left in us." Taehyun answered with a pout.

"Hey, now, I may lack humanity but atleast I'm still alive right."

"Still alive, attempting to die since the time I've met you." Taehyun completed.

Beomgyu sighed. He took a sip of his drink, immediately smiling. "This is amazing woah. Maybe I should start coming here more often."

Taehyun smiled at that too. "Lets come here together then."

The latter seemed a little surprised for a second but then nodded.

"Princess has definitely taken quite a liking to me." He said, laughing.

Taehyun groaned.