11.

AN: just a little Arabic in this chapter, maybe you'll recognize these ones?

Ma-leek fe ehh? = what's wrong

kulu shaa = everything

khalas = stop/enough

haven't had much time to write recently, but I am sooooo excited for ch. 12 hehe. enjoy besties

Oh also!!!! check out the new face claims hehe new character alert <3

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

As we drive towards my apartment, I can feel a knot of anxiety building in my stomach.

What if Ryder sees Harry go inside of my apartment?

Relax, Monira. He's not watching you 24/7.

But what if he is?

This type of thinking becomes cyclical, and after a solid 10 minutes of silence, Harry finally asks:

"Hey, are you okay?"

I try to think of an excuse as quickly as I can. I know that the chances of Ryder being nearby are slim, but I never really know where he is or how he knows so much about my whereabouts.

"Um... I'm just not feeling well all of a sudden, I don't really know what's wrong." I lie, hoping it's convincing enough for Harry.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" his voice laced with concern.

"Oh no, I think I'll be okay H. But is it okay if we raincheck on the Fine Line sneak peek? I think it might just be best for me to rest once I get home."

"Of course Mo that's totally fine. We have a meeting in a couple of days and I'll see everything then." He grins reassuringly.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I mutter. I'm really apologizing for lying to him, but he doesn't know that.

"Nope, you've reached your 'sorry' quota for the day. I mean really Mo, you don't have to apologize for things when there's no reason to. I understand that you aren't feeling well, and I respect your wish to be alone and rest. Everything is all good." He affirms.

I feel even worse knowing that I'm not being totally honest with him, but I know this is the best choice for the time being. I mean, what would I even say? Sorry, you can't come inside because I'm worried that my psycho stalker ex-fiance is watching us somehow? It's not that simple, and certainly more than I want to dump on Harry right now, especially after all of his kindness today.

The rest of the drive to my apartment is short, and we say our goodbyes rather quickly. I blame my curtness on the worry and guilt building up inside of me and pray that Harry chalks it up to me not feeling well.

As I follow the familiar walkway to my apartment door, my stomach drops when I see a little white envelope waiting for me on my doormat. Prior to this, Ryder has only ever left notes in my mailbox, so I try not to automatically assume the worst. My enthusiasm is short lived because once I get closer, I see the red wax seal that I've come to loathe.

I take a moment to thank my lucky stars for the gut feeling that told me to not let Harry come to my apartment. I quickly grab the envelope and head inside, immediately locking my door and checking to make sure that all other possible entrances to my apartment are closed and haven't been tampered with. Once I'm sure that I'm alone and safe, I decide to rip it off like a bandaid and just read the damn note.

I carefully peel off the wax seal and slide the envelope open with my finger. Inside is the familiar looking parchment with a short sentence:

New friends, same love.