The audacity. You know, I should've known that popularity would've gotten the best of Mike and he would become an asshole once the semester was to begin. He didn't really do anything but just the fact that he didn't care to defend me from his 'friend' at least a little after this whole week that I thought we were bonding ruins my appetite to be with Mike unless he proves to me that he's sorry. It's obvious that he's not planning on it, though.

"Sure." I smile awkwardly and he sits down.

After a few minutes of the teacher, who introduces himself as Mr Clarke, doing a little bit of explanation on the chapter of the biology book we're on, we get assigned some work to do.

After a minute of an uncomfortable silence, Mike lifts his finger as if it to say something, which he does.

"Hey um... I'm sorry about Troy. He can be..."

"An asshole?" I finish for him, though I wasn't expecting the apology.

"Yeah... I wanted to stop him because what he did was mean but just... don't let him get to you, okay?"

I look down at the table as Mike speaks, nodding in approval to his advice. It's not his fault that his friends are douchebags- I mean sure, it's his fault for having bad taste in friends but maybe they have history together. One that won't bring Mike to unfriend Troy in a blink of an eye if he changes because that's friendship. It sucks that I'll have to endure this, but I get it.

"I know... I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologising? You did nothing wrong. You're the victim." Mike tells me as if it's a reminder, and I smirk softly.

"Thanks. Anyway, we should get to work..."

"Oh- yeah! You're right." He remembers. I can't help the giggle that leaves my lips, finding it cute how forgetful Mike can be.

I guess I'm over it.

12:04pm
Mike Wheeler

I walk to my locker when I find Troy, who has a usual smile on his face to my sight.

"Hey. Can we talk?" I ask in a deadpan in hopes that he'll take the hint. But he doesn't.

"Sure, what's up?" He asks.

"Um... so you know earlier when you were going all up on that Byers boy? I just want you to know that I don't like it." I admit and he furrows his brows, scoffing like what he did was nothing.

"Why? He's a fucking fag. I could tell from first glance he probably wanted nothing more than to have his tongue slobber with yours."

"Don't say that." I threaten, trying to stay calm.

"Why? Are you a fag too?" He challenges, emphasising on the slur.

That's it.

Before I know it, my fist collides with his jaw and he growls, punching me back. I wince in pain and grab his shoulders, knee him in between his legs and headbutt his forehead, enough to knock him down. I straddle his hips and continue to punch, not giving a shit about the crowd forming around us. All of the cheering is distorted and I don't feel a force pulling me away from Troy's now-unconscious body until I'm led to the principals office.

"Wow, Michael... I can't believe you got into a fight. On your first day too." My dad lectures me as I hold an ice pack up to my bleeding nose, not displaying much emotion.