How I assaulted the Fire Ninja

You stand practically frozen in place, overcome with panic to hear Lloyd calling to you.

'Why is Kai here?'

'None of the ninja had a reason to go to Jamanakai until the Lloyd spotting'

'But the villagers only put out a report because he was causing a ruckus, right?'

Your mind desperately searching for clarity flashes back to the disturbed looks that the villagers had given you and Lloyd, then the memory of you carrying Lloyd's unconscious body into the village, connecting the dots. 'Of course, getting him in unseen with my carelessness was too good to be true', You break out of your panicked trance feeling more and more disgusted with the surrounding people. Kai is right in front of you with an obnoxious blooming smirk. "Hello there gorgeous, is this little thing bothering you?" He gestures to Lloyd who looks very upset with the fact that Kai is here. Before you could answer no he swiftly grabs Lloyd and pulls him from you. You grab Kai's arm before you yank Lloyd back to you, he's shaking and breathing heavily. You once again feel the need to curse god as Kai speaks again, "Listen, I. AM. FINE. the child next to me is not a bother in the slightest" you pull Lloyd closer to you, feeling nothing but anger after Kai solidified his intentions. Trying not to cause a scene you and Lloyd walk away, only to be stopped by Kai's hand pulling on your arm. 'This is what I get for choosing peace' not listening to 'Lloyd is the son of Garmadon so he's also evil bullshit™' you look up and sigh. Pulling Kai closer to you, 'so much for not causing a scene' you punch him in the face and he's immediately sent flying back into the concrete wall next to the vendor who is currently hiding from the sudden violence.

Walking over to him and lifting his head, you threaten him with a terrifying look "If you ever try that shit again to me or my kid, you'll need a new master of fire" dropping his head you walk off with Lloyd and your groceries. Going over to the candy vendor who along with nearly everyone else in the market saw what you did to Kai, gave you free candy in return for you not to hurt him. You thank him and leave your account name so they can charge the amount taken from your bank. As Lloyd and you are eating some of the candy, he apologizes. "Why are you sorry?" He looks at the ground, "I know you don't think that me being a Garmadon is any reason for you to get rid of me, but— but that was!" You see his tiny fists shake as he tries to project his voice, to convey his point further. "You just had to fight off the fire ninja, one of the protectors of Ninjago! What if they see you as their enemy now!?" You sigh and hug him, feeling his tears start up again. "Lloyd I promise nothing will happen to me because of that" Lloyd hugs you closer. "Plus for a savior of Ninjago, he's kinda a butthead" you feel Lloyds giggle reverberate on your jacket.

Kai had managed to get out of the crowd of people who were surrounding him and worrying if he was ok or not. With a still ringing head Kai finds himself in an alley clutching his head tucked between his legs. That is till Jay found him. Assuming that he was attacked by Garmadon or someone (oh sweet child if only you knew-) Kai explained the situation to the best of his ability. "Ohhh, so you were harassing your new crush! That just so happened to be taking care of Lloyd Garmadon". Before Kai could deny it, Jay lifts him up and puts him on his dragon. Meeting up with the others they question why Kai had a huge red mark on his face. Jay shrugs it off with a small comment "oh, just some quote-on-quote hottie punched Kai for trying to take Lloyd away" the two looked in shock, till Cole joked "Well are they single? Someone that is willing to punch Kai like that on a whim is someone I definitely am interested in" Everyone but Kai laughed. As they finally got back to the monastery something fell out of Kai's pack, it was a scroll detailing a character known as the "green ninja".