Shopping!

After finishing your shower and getting dressed you see Lloyd who had taken your words and gotten a 'Starfarer' comic, sitting on the couch reading. You were surprised to get some of those as a housewarming gift from one of the villagers during the time you've been here. But now with having Lloyd (presumably) staying here, 'it's kind of ironic'. Going from enthralled by the story to looking up at you from his seat with curious eyes he asks what you are doing. "Almost out of food" He looks wide-eyed, "Are you leaving?"

"Just to go get some more groceries, why?"

"Can I– uh, can I come with you?"

'Damn not even like 20 minutes ago he was passed out, what kind of sorcery is this?!'

"Sure but you'll need a coat, don't want to risk you getting sick" Lloyd nods and gets up, but then stops, probably realizing that his only form of a jacket is being washed. You kind of want to laugh but instead tell him that there's a jacket in your closet he can use and you leave to go grab it. Lloyd has a happy look in his eyes as you help him put the giant puffy coat on. It dropped past his little feet and looked more like a giant cocoon than a winter coat. You smile and refill the cat food as he moves around in it, he's clearly excited to go out. You both head to the door and take his hand to keep him from falling over from the jacket. Your happy manor quickly changed after seeing Lloyd being cautious to avoid the looks of the different villagers. You want to hug him but you don't want to overstep his boundaries so you keep quiet, until he trips again. With the amount of tripping, you decide 'fuck it' and carry him on your shoulders. That seemed to give both of you peace of mind. He clings to you like a magnet as you enter the bank.

Lloyd covers himself with the hood of the jacket, burying himself into your head as you approach one of the receptionists. She gives you a weird look that you shake off and gives her your phone, she looks at the notification and the barcode that was sent to it and opens your account. Giving you the name of your account to use as a credit card-like system for the merchants and vendors. You thank her and leave, she stops you, still not seeing Lloyd's face but able to discern it is a child she asks if he wants a candy bar. You ask why and she explains that someone had recently dropped off a bunch of candy to different buildings to boost their own business and with the nod from Lloyd you hand one to him. He seems happy with that. You both leave and head to the market.

'Nya had said someone spotted Garmadon at Jamanakai' Kai and the other ninja were currently racing each other to Jamanakai village after getting a hasty report from Nya. No, they weren't taking it very seriously. Zane shouts to the others that when they reach the village they should split into smaller groups so that they can cover more ground. The others agree and decide that Zane and Cole would check the perimeter and Kai and Jay would check the inside. Reaching the village (with Kai as the self-proclaimed winner of the race) they break apart. "Ok, I'll check the housing and alleyways while you take the shopping district" Kai nods with Jay's plan and they also break apart.

Checking each crowd for any suspicious-looking person he finds nothing. Until he comes across you, it's like time had stopped when his eyes met your person. A soft smiling face looking at something fondly that he couldn't see due to the surrounding people. You caused his heart to nearly explode, he wanted— no, needed to know who you were (and maybe get your number). Then you looked at him, he felt himself shudder, you looked so sweet, wide-eyed maybe astonished? 'probably because they just saw the fire ninja'. He felt himself practically trip over his own feet wanting to get to you, forgetting all about his mission. But he was quickly reminded when your face contorted to something of a panic, looking around for the cause of such, he found Lloyd. The small child was lightly tugging (though it didn't matter to him) at your sleeve, seemingly saying something to you as you farted your head around. With Kai now completely lost in the fact that he wanted to at least speak to you, he walked faster to "help" you with Lloyd.

*A few moments before*

You and Lloyd shop around, looking for different foods and snacks that you would either both eat or what he would. The first time you had asked what he wanted when you arrived at the shopping district he had told you he wanted candy, so, after ruffling his hair and the such, (because holy 💩 it was fluffy) you promised him after finding three whole meals that he would want he could get candy. So anytime during your shopping, he saw a food he wanted he would alert you by tugging your sleeve, which you had no complaint about. You moved to a vegetable vendor who had not only the vegetables themselves but seeds, you thought back to your backyard garden and decided that buying some more seeds would be a great idea. Lloyd looked at you questionably though, "Are you gonna eat seeds?" He made a disgusting face at the thought. "No, if you hadn't seen I have a garden back home, so I thought planting some veggies would be nice" with that he lit up, "Can I help?" You smile and tell him he can after you finish grabbing a few more things. Lloyd begins to tug on your sleeve again, indicating that he has once again found something that he would want to eat. Before you could see what it was you felt a pair of eyes on you, 'what the-' turning quickly in the direction of the feeling you see him. 'Holy shit' Kai Smith, is staring directly at you with glazed-over eyes and a flushed face (not that you could notice from your distance apart). At first, you were excited, I mean, who wouldn't be excited to see another Ninjago character? But then you looked back at Lloyd. 'Shit, this is episode one! how could I forget they would be— wait Lloyd hasn't caused havoc though, why are they here?!' Your face quickly turns to uncertainty, as you desperately search for a way to avoid Lloyd and Kai meeting in the manner you believe will happen. All the while Kai is walking directly toward you both.