40 - Asscheeks

Lewis POV

"Okay then, did you know there's such thing as bagged milk?" I question Ali as we sit on the back porch of her house together.

"I've heard of cartons, but you're bullshitting me now." She laughs. We were sat upon an oak bench.

"1967, bagged milk was introduced. Very Canadian." I say with confidence.

"Canadian?"

"It's the country above us. It's called Canada" I inform her. I only knew of these things from reading books. I used to have a map of the world in my room, I loved to study it. All the places I could never go.

"Right. Lewis' useless fact number 45." Ali just looks at me and smiles. I place my hand on her knee and look at the sky.

I hadn't defined anything with Ali. It had been a week or so since the end of the battle. We hadn't had sex or anything, I wasn't expecting or wanting anything either. If anything, I wanted to take things like this slowly.

"Do you want to come to moms later? We were going to have a little get together. I mean, I know the Turner family isn't good at the whole family thing. But I think things will be different now." I ask the innocent woman sitting beside me.

"Sure. I have nothing else to do. I saw Lara yesterday." Ali admits, bringing up her sister.

"How is she?"

"Good, still cutting peoples hair" She chuckles.

The rest of the day passes quite quickly. When we finally get to my Moms house later on everyone was already inside. I was tempted to hold Ali's hand but as I said, we hadn't defined anything and I didn't want to make things awkward. It would also look like an attack on my brother and ex fiancé.

I pick up the glass of wine that was on the side and take a sip. It was extremely aged but it just added to the flavour. This was a formal evening for some reason.

I didn't really know what it was for, more of a get together. Perhaps just to remind us of the people we still need to keep close. Mom was surprisingly okay with it all.

A tap on the glass gets my attention. I spin around and see my mom knocking on the wine glass with a fork from the table.

"I just wanted to thank you all for coming, it's been a tough couple of weeks for us all and I thought we should get together to celebrate something beautiful and that is...life. Thank you." My mom finally says. I put my glass to the side and clap along with everyone else. She dissapears into a crowd of friends.

"How are you holding up?" I ask Nick who was off to the side. A small boy standing in front of him.

Nobody had questioned what would happen with the Alfie situation. Yet nobody had questioned Nick being out of the cell. Nick had spoken to the majority of our family and we all agreed it would be best if Alfie didn't know Nick was his father. That was for Nick to explain whenever he was ready.

"I don't really know how to feel." Nick sighs. One hand on Alfies small shoulder and the other grasping a wine glass. I hadn't been one to drink, but I knew Nick enjoyed it. I just hoped that with everything going on he would stick to sobriety. Alfie deserves everything.

"You know, if you ever want to talk about anything, I'm always here. Or if you need help with Alfie." I whisper the last sentence.

"Thanks Lewis, I think me and my buddy have got this" Nick lets out an innocent smile and nudges the emotionless kids back.

I bend down to Alfies height.

"My names Lewis, I think you spoke to my dad once. His name was Josh Turner. I have an old baseball set somewhere, I think we should go try it out sometime. Nick can come to." I finally stand up and give out a small smile. Nick does the same and nods.

"Okay" Alfies stale reply hits me hard. I couldn't imagine what he was going through right now. I pat him on the back.

"It's going to be okay" I partially lie as I stand back up on my two feet and look back at Nick. "I'll help you whenever you need, alright?" I keep my offer open.

"Thanks Lewis." He replies.

I turn and walk over to the wall and lean against it. I could never imagine a dinner party at the reception, it was too small. This house was more spread out.

I scan the room and see Ali and April speaking to one another. They both conversed with wide hand movements. I look over to my left and see Lee and Kelly. Still, whenever I saw them it tore me apart.

The child growing inside of her could be mine and I'd never know. That sickened me the most. I don't think I'd ever be a father. I wouldn't ever be ready. It's just not my thing. But the fact Lee gets to be a father concerns me.

The two of them kiss, making me turn away and grit my teeth.

"Sucks, right?" A voice says beside me. I turn my head and see someone who I could do without.

"What do you want Hendrix?" I sigh, taking a large gulp of the wine. I would need it if I was going to endure a conversation with him.

"Do you ever get jealous?" He questions. I pull a face and look at him.

"Of who? Them?" I gesture towards Kelly and Lee who were whispering into each others ears and laughing. Like them fucking high school films. Lee was nearly 30, he needed to grow up.

"Well yeah." Hendrix admits.

"He fucked my fiancé. I'm not jealous, I'm pissed off. But look at her, you can't deny that smile." I raise my eyebrows at Kellys wide smiles that showed her teeth. She was happy. Lee must give her something I was never capable of.

"You know, Justin hasn't been in the picture for a long time but I see him looking at April every time he passes. That...it just irritates me. I can't do anything about it." He shrugs and looks up, he was pretty short compared to me. Then again, I was probably the tallest here.

"What's up with you and April anyway?" I had never asked this question. Nobody knew what was going on between them.

"She's beautiful. I love her. But she's the sort of girl who could have any guy she asked for. It makes me wonder why she sticks with me sometimes. I guess you could call us fuck buddies. I'm not like Justin or any of the other guys. I never could be, even if I tried." He sighs.

"You don't have to be an asshole to get the girl."

"Worked out for Lee didn't it?" Hendrix remarks. I bite on my tongue in an attempt not to punch him in the face.

"Sure...it sure did." I swallow the last of the wine and place the glass on the nearest surface.

"What about Ali? I know she likes you. I knew she liked you before all this shit. It was too obvious." Hendrix then takes a sip of his wine and I think about what he said.

"I kissed her." I admit awkwardly tugging at my collar. I needed to tell someone even if it was the geeky asshole fucking my sister.

Hendrix looked as if he was in shock. I leant against the wall with my hands in my pockets. My eyes fixated on Ali and April smiling and laughing together, even dancing slightly to the gentle pop music.

"So, you kissed the hot running girl with the beautiful asscheeks?" He chuckles. I punch him in the arm and he frowns.

"Yes, I did."

"She's walked past my window numerous times and it's a sight for sore eyes. Anyway if you're so calm in answering that question, why the fuck did you hit me?" Hendrix rubs his arm. I could see him in the corner of my eye.

I continued to stare at the girl across the room and reply with a grin. She turns her head, smiles and waves.

"Cause she's my hot running girl with the beautiful asscheeks."

**********

Just to remind you all in case you didn't get the message last time. Chapters will now be posted every other day :) Thank you.