Chapter 6: A good time...or so she thought

Start from the beginning

The Thunderbrand Catherine, whose smirk dawns on her face as she just easily dodged a hit from her sparring partner, barks out a triumphant roar as she claims her victory by a swift strike on the opponent's arm as the crowd's getting louder, clapping their hands for the victor. Catherine helps the knight to stand up, patting on his shoulder as encouragement, grinning brightly like a sun. Elias bumps her shoulder, quietly whistling.

The blond hair leans against her training sword, eyes scanning through the crowd with her confident smile still paints on her lips.

"Good spar!" The woman states with a loud voice, stretching her arm "Still, I'm still wanting one more spar! It's been pretty long since I had the free time for this."

Everyone looks at each other, some turning their head to see if anyone wants to volunteer. Murmurs are traded. The crowd goes quiet than they were before, some hesitate, shifting on their legs, seeming like asking themselves whether or not they can challenge the Thunderbrand herself.

"You should try?" Elias whispers next to her ear.

"Me?"

"Yeah."

Lynden exhales, eyes darting around to think. She isn't sure about her skill much, also, she just manages to get back from her illness. But...she needs to warm up and hone her sword's art. Maybe she can try? For another long moment, she haltingly steps up whilst Elias silently yells 'You go Lynie!' behind her back.

"Can I?"

Catherine sharply turns to look at Lynden, who steps nearer to the center, pointing at herself curiously. Without a second thought, Catherine barks out loud, hand beckoning the lanky woman with a smile.

"Well, well, a new challenger!" The Thunderbrand cries and a glint of enthusiasm appears in the woman's eyes, "And what is your name, knight?"

"Oh, it's Lynden," Her hand gripping the sword that has just been flung at her by another placeholder, tightly, her voice still and usual. Fortunate for Lynden that she catches the sword in time, or else she's going to be so flustered. She breathes.

"Right, Lynden..." As if her opponent looks her up and down for a moment, perhaps examining the knight, fingers on the chin, then the woman slightly shrugs her shoulder, holding up her sword, "Well, Lynden, I hope you are well prepared?"

"I am," Lynden quickly covers her mouth for a small sneeze, readying herself as she draws the blade, and holds it forward. Looking to her side, she can spot Elias standing from afar, holding a thumb up to encourage her. The knight smiles.

The fight lasts longer than she thought it would be, due to the fact Lynden is still not confident in her skill very much. Now that she is astonished that she can block and evade many hits from Catherine. Maybe in the past, she would have lost at the third hit. The woman, considering she has a Crest, hits decently hard. Lynden's brows furrow, and her grip tightens around the sword's handle, afraid that she will lose the blade if she gets careless and cocky.

Lynden's eyes squint almost like to think about what she will do next on the field. She has been on the defensive mode the entire time since the spare begins, the knight should do something before Catherine spots her weakness and takes advantage.

Remembering some of Rhea's guides from previous trainings, she rapidly swings the sword to the side of her opponent, only to be blocked in a second as Catherine slams the blade down, avoiding, and creating a space between them. They circle around each other.

"You're doing fine," Catherine smirks as she complements the knight.

"Thank you." She responds quickly, sprinting straight for Catherine with her blade pointed directly at the woman.