Act 2. Learning to Survive. Part 4.

Start from the beginning

   The younger brother seems to change his mind. "Hm. On second thought, I'll keep the revolver for now."

   "It's okay. We can trade some other time if you want."

   The younger brother is unenthusiastic about this. "Yeah. Sure thing." Chris then loots one of the corpse's pockets, and pulls out some revolver rounds. "There's the ammo you mentioned." He loads up the revolver.

   "Alright. Good deal."

   When Chris checks the other pocket, he doesn't find anything in it. "Empty," he says.

   "Win some, you lose some."

   Glancing over at the bathroom doors further to the back, the boy Chris says "I bet there's more to see back there."

   "Hm. There probably is," says Jason. "Come on. Let's go." As the two brothers sneak towards to the two bathrooms, the older brother stops in between the two doors and says "Okay. So, I understand it's counterintuitive given our upbringing, but we need to stay focused on surviving. That means both restrooms need to be searched. Period. No excuses."

   The younger sibling nods understandingly. "I know how it works, Jason. I just...I'm just trying to get use to it. Know what I mean?"

   "Just stay focused, brother. That's all I'm asking. Remember what I told you earlier. There are no 'Men's Rooms'. There are no 'Women's Rooms'. They're all just 'Rooms' now. Copy that?"

   "Copy." Chris slowly makes his way into the Men's restroom along with his older brother, and he slowly closes the door behind the two of them.

----------------------------------------------------------

   Moving ahead of Chris, Jason walks past another corpse on the ground near the urinals. The older brother then checks the stalls to see if anyone or anything is inside them. "Nothing in the stalls," Jason says.

   "One less thing to worry about," says the younger brother. [Entering Hub] Walking towards the urinals, Chris can see that the corpse is missing a head. "Fricken aye. As if being next to a urinal wasn't gross enough," he says. Searching one of the corpse's pockets, the lad finds a walkman cassette player. "Still in good shape."

   "Well, that's convenient," Jason comments with an eyebrow raised. "You did lose the other one we had didn't you?"

   Chris gets defensive about this. "Damn thing was broken. What was I suppose to do?"

   The older brother is amused at this reaction. He then teases the younger brother by saying "Yeah right."

   Chris rolls his eyes and scoffs. "Unbelievable." After taking the walkman, Chris searches the other pocket he finds a Kate Bush cassette tape. "Interesting. Mom use to like this one."

   Jason replies "I think 'Mother Figure' left her cassettes back at the house actually. She'll be glad we found a replacement."

   Chris smiles with nod. "Yeah, that's a good idea." He grabs the tape and the two brothers exit the room.

----------------------------------------------------------

   Entering the Other Bathroom, Jason remains close to the door, while Chris moves ahead. "Check the stalls," says Jason. "I'll cover you." Chris finds nothing in the first two stalls, but when he checks the third, he's stunned to find another walker inside as it lunges toward him.

   The boy quickly dodges before swinging the crowbar at the walker's head, sending it falling to the ground. He then stomps on it to finish the job.

   Jason walks up from behind Chris and facetiously says "Huh. Well, I see you remembered my 'teachings'."

   1) [PLAYFUL] "Now I Am The Master."

   2) [SARCASTIC] "What are you? My Sensei Now?"

   The younger sibling crosses his arms before making a sarcastic quip. "What are you? My Sensei Now?"

   The older sibling puts his hands up and says "Hey. Your words, brother. Not mine. Come on. Let's get outta here." Chris rolls his eyes as they both exit the room.