Act 2. Learning to Survive. Part 4.

Now inside the convenience store, the two brothers discover a group of 5 walkers huddled up on one side of the store near the cash register. Taking a deep breath near the entrance, Chris holds his weapon close. Jason whispers "Keep a low profile. There's too many of them. Here...I'll try something." On the floor near the two brothers is a glass bottle. Jason reaches out, grabs it, then he throws it across the room to the far side of the store...opposite from the cash register. The noise from the bottle breaking on the floor leads one of the walkers to break off from the rest of the group, leaving that same walker alone and vulnerable.

   "You see that?" Jason whispers. "Damn thing's all by itself now."

   "Yeah, I see what you're doin," says the younger brother. "Little bit of noise to lure that one away. That could make things easier for us." [Determinant] Chris then realizes something, however, that could pose a problem. "But...shit."

   "What's up?"

   Chris holds up his own weapon. "This crowbar, Jason. It's weighted. Too heavy to be subtle in a situation like this."

   "Hmm. I see what you mean. You'll get stronger in due time, brother." Jason hands Chris a knife. "Here. This will work."

   Chris takes the knife and smiles. "Thanks. I'll give it back when we're done here."

   "Damn straight." [Entering Hub] The younger sibling slowly makes his way toward the lone walker, then he stabs it in the back of the head quickly and quietly. "Nicely done," Jason whispers as he slowly sneaks over to Chris's current position near a table. "There's another corpse off to the side with police gear. See him?"

   "Roger." Chris nods before crouching down next to the table. Here, he manages to get a closer look at the body that Jason was talking about. What use to be a police officer is now lying on the ground with a bullet hole in it's head. "Ah man," Chris exclaims silently. "Guy took the easy way out, didn't he? Given everything that's happened, I...I can't imagine-."

   Jason cuts him off. "Hold up. I think you're missing the point here, slick." He points at the corpse's hand. "See the bite mark right there?"

   With his brother's guidance, Chris now notices the bite mark. "Uh...Yeah, I see it now."

   "Remember what Mom said earlier? The virus is centered in the brain."

   "Oh yeah. That's right. He never got a chance to turn. Did he?"

   "No, he didn't," Jason says. "He knew what he was doing."

   The boy Chris stands up again. "The only way to stop him from turning was to..."

   Jason finishes the sentence. "...Go for the brain."

   Brother Chris nods in agreement. "Yeah." Still looking at the corpse, Chris grabs the revolver out of one of it's hands. He then opens the cylinder to check for ammunition, but it's empty. "Hm. No bullets."

   "Might wanna check his pockets for ammo," says Jason.

   Chris closes the cylinder. "Yeah, I know the drill. Hey, you want this gun? I can trade you for the glock."

   The older sibling lets out a breath. "We can trade if you want, but the one that I got has smaller bullets so Instant Kills are not guaranteed. Less kick to it though. Holds more ammo too."

   1) Revolver (Instant Kills, 6 Rounds)

   2) Glock (Less Recoil, 7 Rounds)