Act 1. Childhood's End. Part 2.

Once inside, Chris looks around and he sees the hallway in front of him leading into the kitchen. From that direction, Chris can hear his mom speaking to Kayla. The Mom asks Kayla "How was your day, sweetie?"

    "Alright I guess," Kayla replies.

    Standing right beside him, Chris's older brother says "I'll be in the kitchen. Let me know when you're ready. Take your time."

    As Jason walks ahead of him, Chris looks off to the side and he sees the stairway leading up to the second floor. Chris thinks to himself, I should head up to my room before I do anything else. [Entering Hub] Chris then heads up the stairs, walks into him and his brother's room, and drops his backpack onto his bunk. Chris thinks to himself; Ahh man. Hopefully I won't have to carry so much shit around anymore. Damn...already jinxed it.

    Chris looks over at the baseball bat leaning up against his desk. Near the handle, Chris can clearly see the signature of the former baseball player, Javier Garcia. Been a while since I watched...well, any sports really. Chris then looks near the front of the desk at one of his recently graded assignments. The grade is clearly marked as an 'A Minus', but Chris is skeptical. I can't believe I actually aced this one...barely. The lad then walks over to where his gaming console is. My brother always beats me at everything we play. Wish I had time to get good, but...damn. I'm gonna miss this thing.

   Having wasted enough time, Chris exits the room, heads downstairs, and then makes his way towards the kitchen where he can hear his mom and sister talking. As he walks, the boy notices an all-black cat with green eyes strolling past him. "Hey, Salem," Chris says. The cat meows.

   Chris's mom's name is Elaine. Elaine is 39 years old. She has blonde hair, blue eyes, and a southern accent. She is currently working on the dishes with Kayla assisting her. Jason is up leaning against a wall straight ahead next to the patio doors. As Chris enters the room, Elaine says "Oh. Hey, sport. How are you feelin?"

   "Pretty good, relatively speaking." says the boy. "Do you guys need any help?"

   "Nah. It's fine." the mother says. "We got this." Kayla giggles a bit.

    Chris looks at a part of the counter near where his mom is currently working. He sees a picture of him, his older brother, and his dad in a boat catching fish. He thinks to himself; Man. Wish my dad and I could go on another fishing trip at some point. Hopefully when he gets back from his tour of duty. The lad glances down and sees the local newspaper on the counter. One of the headlines mentions a local man who killed a State Senator; A college professor named Lee Everett.

1) Ask Mom about it.

2) Put Paper Down.

    Curious, Chris says to his mother "Hey, Mom."

    "Yes, hun?"

    "There's something in the paper about a guy named 'Lee Everett'. Says that he...killed someone. A 'State Senator'. Know anything about him?"

    "'Lee Everett'? Yeah, I read the whole story. Apparently, the man he killed was a womanizer. Slept with that man's wife and everything."

1) "Damn."

2) "Was it an Accident?"

3) "Did he Deserve It?"