Chapter Ten

It was a fast journey through some shady alleyways and some hole in the wall areas but we made it to the back of a massive silvery building with shimmering blue windows and gold accents. It was different from the other towering structures, more regal. He shifted and motioned us to be silent before he knocked on a black iron door. No rhythm or code, just a heavy thundering knock. The door swung open and a man dressed in an all black suit with shades opened the door. The two shared an arm across the chest salute before the man in the air motioned him in, the beta turned to us and motioned is the follow.
          It was a dim concrete hallway with enough room for two to walk but not comfortably. I felt claustrophobic as we followed single file. Anya must have felt the same as she held my hand nervously. I could sense something the closer we walked, a shift in power or something. My suspicious was wiped away by embarrassment as a symphony of intimacy echoed with seductive music. The sounds louder with each step made me and Anya cringe. The man in the suit threw open a crimson door and a seen of pure lust spilled over our eyes as people in black masks and leather clothes wiggled in piles. I've never been prudish but I also never been face to face with so much intense carnal play.
            The beta laughed as we tried to hide our embarrassed faces. We walked past beds and cages, the walls were lined with instruments of bdsm variety. Even the servants were hardly dressed as they served drinks. I kept focused and found myself thrown off as the beta greeted a man who sat leisurely on a velvet couch. He had slick back hair black as night and sharp emerald eyes that cut through a person's soul, he carried a strong presence but there was something off.
            "Hello Alpha, I bring friends."
       The man looked at us, "attractive but not my type, send them out."
             The beta laughed, he motioned to me "I bring you the rogue Luna." The man was sceptic.
                     "Prove it." They stared at me like I was supposed to do a trick but I was focused on the alpha. He looked the part. Poised. Strong. In command. But I could feel something, like his energy was borrowed. I approached him curiously and focused on his energy field, it was a light lavender but a thread of silver light connected to it. I looked past him and saw a beautiful woman laying leisurely in a cage. She was beautiful with long chocolate brown hair and bright magenta eyes, she was dressed more conservative in a flowing floor length black dress that flattered her sizeable chest. Her energy shined with a strong silver light and I knew this was a sham. I didn't acknowledge either man as I approached her. She looked at me and pretended to be in a lustful daze but I could tell she was faking.
            "Hello. Madam Alpha."
        She pretended to be clueless but I remained undeterred. She gave up and smiled.
            "How very observant, your abilities surpass any Luna before which is odd given your... Circumstance." She motioned to the man who appeared in a flash.
                 "Yes my Alpha."
       "Guide my guests to my office." He gave her a single arm over the chest salute and motioned me and Anya to follow us. The woman smiled as stood and left her cage. She was strong. Hopefully she would listen to us and make a strong ally.
               We took an elevator to the top of the building to the office, it was all white with the exception of a black desk and crimson satin padded chair. It looked cleaned and organized but a smell of blood lingered. I was starting to feel it would have been easier to ask a different pack for help.
          The man say us down and a modestly dressed maids presented us tea and fruit before scurrying off. The stress of the day left our appetite weak so we sat silently.
                The elevator dinged and the woman came out in a fitted white business suit paired with bright red heels and matching ruby lips. She looked more attractive and fierce as she commanded the room with her presence.
         "hawk, why did you bring outsiders to me?"
      He bit into an apple and say on her desk leisurely, "Selena, my friend you know I wouldn't bother if it wasn't important."
           The man from before pushed Hawk away and growled as he cleared the desk. From his protective but subservient nature I could see he was a gamma. Hawk laughed as he bit his apple amused. Selena just shook her head and looked at me. "You, Luna. Tell me your business."
            "We are here to warn you about the ferals. They are starting to synchronize and have started to attack packs and rogues alike."
         Hawk looked at her, "it's true alpha. I was on my way to report the latest findings when Bee brought me to them."
            She looked at us curiously and at hawk, "what do you want us to do." It felt more like a statement as she leaned back in her chair.
         Anya popped up, "help the fight?! This affects all of us!"
              The gamma pushed Anya back down who struggled for a moment before sitting there in a huff. I could understand her frustration but we were strangers asking for something big. I looked at Selena. "Nothing."
           Selena perked an eyebrow in curiosity. "Oh? You came to me, into my city and bothered my chain of command for, nothing?"
        "We thought you might help, it's an alpha's duty to protect their pack but I can understand. You're busy. It was a long shot. Come on Anya, we can find more allies elsewhere." We turned to leave but the gamma stood in our way.
     Selena walked around her desk and leaned casually against it. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked with a wicked chuckle. "You've seen our secrets, you're either branded part of my army or I have no choice but to kill you."
          Anya was shocked. She once lived here life in this city, she even worked under hawk but she never knew there was such a rule. I had been so preoccupied I hadn't realized where the path was leading us. Secret every way. An office far too clean that still carried a stench of blood. This was so no one would know. Me and Anya were rogues, who would miss us? I subconsciously thought of Davison but I wouldn't rely on him alone. I turned to Selena who smiled a beautifully wicked grin and smiled back, as cold as I could as I approached her calmly. By the time I was on her it was too late, I had her in my sights and no one could stop me taking her head if I so chose. I don't know where it came from. The confidence. The bloodlust. I had always been raised to be kind and patient, compassionate and graceful but since severing my bond I felt a power inside. It was raw and powerful but terrifying to say the least as I looked at every quivering eye in the room. None suspected me to be so fast, they underestimated me. I underestimated myself. I released Selena's throat, a people mark remained until she healed.
        I anticipated being killed on the spot but instead she laughed joyously. "More than a Luna indeed."