Chapter Seven

I awoke flustered but well rested, that voice scored in my head turning my white fur pink. I shifted back to my human form and looked at Davion.  He slept so carefree. I want sure if it was him being overly trusting, egotistical no one could take him down or he just genuinely felt comfortable enough to lay there vulnerable.  I giggled to myself as he rolled around and snorted. I wasn't sure what to do now, as I looked out at the world a lively thought popped in my head.  I was a rogue now. No pack to call home.  The Moonstone Pack had died with my mother, she was the leader. An alpha in her own right. I took her picture out of my pocket and looked at it,  if she was still here what would she suggest? She was a few spirit who went wherever she wanted and others accepted that, many welcomed her. I could make connections but with everything between Victor and I, it felt like too much of a hassle. I wanted to talk to Davion but a sudden cold winds caught my attention. It was a steely blueish grey wolf with murderous amber eyes, he was big and strong but had a subservient feel. He was a beta. From the way he stalked to protect Davion it was clear he was the Shadow Moon beta.
             I stood up with my hands up. "I am a friend."
       He mind linked me and growled.  "You're a rogue.  We don't befriend rogues."
                   I glared at him. I expected the prejudice but it still didn't feel good. "Fine. I'll go." I looked at Davion sadly, I thought he would make a good friend but I wouldn't sour another pack. I shifted and ran through the fields. I could feel eyes staring at me but I kept my course disappearing in the Willow Star forest.
          It was a peaceful place, the few packs around were neutral and kept to themselves. It would be a good place to explore. Possibly even up a domicile. I stayed in my beast form as I sniffed the area. The main packs in Willow Star were Wolfsbane, Honey Fang and Blue Moon. The territoryVictor found their progressive lifestyle weak and avoided them but I was always cordial with the Lunas of the packs, the only concern was the mateless alpha of wolfsbane. He hated Victor for unknown reasons. I hoped that hate did not transfer as I ventured cost to their sacred tree.  It had no magical properties there were rumors a wise owl spirit inhabited the tree which made it emit its legendary faint star like glow. Though it was never proven, many find solace just gazing upon it. As I approached it I could feel the age old life of the tree reverberating with the others,  I could hear a gentle hum and smell an eternally blossoming scent emanating from the tree. The closer I approached the more I believed the ridiculous rumors until I found a soft powder pink wolf with a golden left eye and a periwinkle right eye. She looked like a teenager, young and naive as she was frolicking around the sacred tree.  I chuckled as I crouched down, ready to frighten her when I was knocked back by a massive bear like wolf. He was shaggy, like a mastiff but there was no mistaking his wolf scent. I submitted quickly. I never intended to fight.
           The young wolf appeared with a smile as she shifted to her human form. She was lovely with long flowing powder pink hair, I could tell she was much more mature in age by her moderate curves and mature demeanor. She was an Omega which made her smaller in her wolf form. The beast of a wolf also shifted, he looked like a caveman with pepper grey hair that hid his eyes, even in human form he looked like a mastiff and he seemed to on the duller side as he did not shift with clothes on like most wolves learn early on. I could tell he was a Gamma from his size and strength. The female bounced towards me, "You're so cute, you thought you would attack a frail little wolf huh? "
         I shifted and looked at her, it was clear they lived a hard life but I wouldn't be bullied by anyone.  "I apologize.  I thought you were a young naive wolf,  I was just going to startle you to show you the world can be tough.  It appears you didn't need that lesson. "
                She looked at me sadly.  "No. I don't."
         I felt guilty?  I didn't plan to make enemies but my social skills were always my weak point. "My name is Seraphina."
            We stood in an awkward silence for a moment when a menacing growl echoed through the trees.  We took a defensive stance with our back together in a triangle and surveyed the area, I could sense six. Given their murderous intent I could tell they were not from the packs in the territory. As they drew closer the smell of blood dripped from their snarling snouts. Ferals. Rogues turned feral. They had long lost their humanity and gave into the feral, destructive nature of their wolves. There was no point in conversation. Me and the man shifted around the female who remained in human form, despite the situation she appeared calm and ready. It was made clear why when one when the strike and she struck it with a small silver blade on a chain, she was fast and precise. As soon as I saw her weapon it was gone again, she concealed it effectively.
               After the first fell the last five rushed forward, I summoned some energy from the earth as I charged. There was a special rush for my first fight that felt almost natural. I dodged and attacked as if I had done it all my life. Soon they were subdued. I wanted to let them go in hopes they would learn but I wasn't that naive. A feral was dangerous. They didn't even exist like a normal animal, they were the worst parts of humanity and wolves. I looked to the girl and man who were also disturbed by decision we had to make. I looked at them with pity. Before we could take action a familiar slate colored blur had done the deed without remorse. We grouped up again ready to fight but Davion eased the tension.
               "Hello, Luna." He had his usually calm smile but his eyes looked darker, they were like the eyes of one betrayed by his lover. I shifted into my human form.
             "Seraphina is fine." My tone cold and blunt. I looked at his beta, his snout stillred with feral blood. "Iwould say it's nice to see you but it doesn't feel so mutual."
                       Davion motioned to his beta who shifted into his human form.  He was as deadly and Stone like as his wolf form. He had long straight slate colored hair and his amber eyes matched the blood on his face perfectly. Davion approached us gently while his beta stood ready to murder us.  "Luna." His mockery was starting to grate my nerves.
               "I'm no longer a Luna. I am just me. "
              He smiled as he stood inches from me.  "To me you'll always be a Luna." He pulled me close and whispered in my ear. "Maybe my Luna." I blushed at his voice as it grazed my ear so boldly.  This was a man whom I knew very little of, only that he made my mind at ease and filled me with fluttering feelings.
           Despite the attraction I didn't want to be a Luna again. That title was heavy with emotional trauma that I wasn't ready to face.  I pushed him away and looked at him, "I'm sorry but I want to be free."