Chapter 8- My father taught me

Start from the beginning

"My car is around the block because I wanted it to be away from possible drunks who would destroy it but is this an interrogation or do you want to hand me a drink?" I say, pulling a smile on my face at the last sentence.

"Whatever you want." He says taking my hand and leading me up. He pulls me into the house and as I look around, taking in the people and bright blinking neon lights, Justin is on his way to get me something, that hopefully doesn't have too much alcohol.

I can't do this again. Not so shortly after what I felt last time.
The only reason why I am drinking is that I know I couldn't be here in this house any longer without it.
Not with people, I don't know.
Not with them looking so happy and careless.

He comes back and puts a plastic cup in my hand. I look at it suspiciously as I try to identify what exactly it is.

"What is that?"

"Vodka lemon. I promise it will taste good and you will be way more relaxed. I know how shitty it is to be in a room with drunk guys and you are the only sober one. It's shit." He says, giving me a smile that doesn't look like the grins he gave me before.

It looks soft and not forced at all... Justin seems genuine.

"Too bad. Drink it yourself. Aleandra hates vodka, she can't stand the taste, so I will bring her something else." Oliver uses a harsh tone as he takes the plastic cup and shoves it against Justin's chest.

"Not to be rude, or something of course." He adds in the nice voice he used before.

He grips my wrist and shoves me away from the two guys before I can react to the sudden movement and his change.

"Oliver?" I ask him as he pulls me towards the table with all the alcohol bottles on it.

"You shouldn't trust that guy, ok? I know you're not stupid or anything but don't drink something he gave to you. He is a stranger." He explains and takes an empty cup and chooses a bottle of alcohol I don't recognize.

"You are a stranger too."

He stops filling the cup and looks at me over his shoulder and steps away from the table.

"You're right. You shouldn't trust me. Please make your own drink and don't let it for one second out of your eye. Not. For. A. Second. Okay?" He says, handing me a cup.

"Ok," I reply and then mix myself a drink before we make our way through the crowd.

We stand in a corner and talk about random things as I drink the alcohol and he sips the beer he took with him because he changed his mind.

He doesn't want to get drunk but he thinks it will let him relax a little bit, so why not?

Just as I want to ask him more about his life in high school, Justin walks up from the side to me, grabbing my waist tightly, pulling me to him.

"You are a runner, huh? Let's dance or go out into the garden. We haven't had time to get to know each other." I wince as I smell the beer on his warm breath.

Honestly, this guy is annoying the shit out of me but the problem is... I have no reason for it. I have no reason to be mean to him or to treat him badly and maybe I really can't handle alcohol so after those two cups I am already not thinking right but I give him a little smile.

"Yeah of course. Is it ok if I leave you alone for now and you write me if you need something?" I ask, turning to Oliver.

I hear Justin's friend who just turned up beside him letting out a laugh.

"Girl, I think he can take care of himself. He is not a fucking baby and you're not his mommy."

God, this dude is fucking terrible.
I ignore him and wander my eyes over Oliver's face, trying to find out what he is thinking.