"Hey brats, here to help?" Naruto asked and eye smiled at them. The quartet basked in his awesomeness (as they should), even if Momo looked a tad somber. Naruto blinked, surprised at the reaction from her, but filed it away for a private conversation. For now, it was time to make the village safe again.

"Yes, Boss," Konohamaru said, "but we're going to be on water duty for everyone." None of the kids looked happy about it. Naruto understood why, even if it was necessary. Water being delivered to workers and volunteers would keep not only physical strength up, but also morale.

"Well, it's only one day, right? And I'll keep a clone with you guys, sound good?"

All of them brightened at that, and Naruto figured he just did something good. After work, it would be time to address the Bijuu in the room, however: Iruka.

"Like I could fit into a room, Fleshbag," Kurama growled.

"And good morning to you too, Furball," Naruto shot back growling.

"You're on a thin branch, sapling," he said. There was a hint of smugness at the annoyance that shot through Naruto from the horrible attempt at a plant pun.

Choosing to ignore his partner, Naruto focused on making one clone, sending it off with the minions. It would also keep them on track and not start a water fight or attempt to use Momo's sealing skills for pranks. He waved them goodbye with the promise of feeding them after the shifts ended.

"Ah, Naruto-kun, thanks a lot for coming," the organizer said once everyone was gone. He looked average, even for a chunin: brown hair, black eyes, plenty of bags that looked like eyeliner. The only reason the man wasn't slaving as a brick setter or on patrols was his background in construction though civilian parents, Naruto heard.

That, and whisperings of being the reason Kumo's water supply failed three years ago by way of going undercover as a master builder and "accidentally" linking it to the sewage. It was probably a folk tale, but he was high on Naruto's respect list if it was true.

Naruto gave a bow in greeting. "Thank you for having me…"

"Oh! Everyone calls me Asuka, no family name I care to claim." He seemed nice enough if a bit anxious. Not wanting to say the family name was odd, but ANBU had weirder quirks, his teammates coming to mind.

"Nice to meet you then, Asuka-san. What will be my orders today? Anything you need, I will do my best to accomplish."

"Wow, much more polite than I thought an ANBU would be," he observed. Instantly there was a kunai out and Naruto channeled the greatest concentration of captain Tenzo that he could into a creepy stare.

"You will not ever utter ANBU in relation to me again, right?" Here Naruto cocked his head to the side, keeping his voice light. "It would be such a shame to have to ensure you don't let a spy or genin know about my… side hustle, right?"

Asuka sweat dropped but nodded nervously. There was no way he would piss the Jinchuuriki off, especially an ANBU level one. The only reason Asuka, a lowly chunin that was happy to keep his head down and work towards the cushy academy position, knew about Naruto's rank was his girlfriend who recently joined ANBU and took him to a poker night. The voice gave Naruto away, and his sweet Aiya confirmed it later.

Bringing it up was not wise, he admitted, but it really was rare to have an ANBU be so polite to a chunin. He felt his stomach knot more than when the Raikage almost caught him rewriting those blueprints for a new water line.

Instantly the dark and creepy expression disappeared, and Naruto clapped his hands together. "Well, now that that's settled, time to work!"

"R-right," Asuka said. "I was briefed on your abilities with clones; could you make fifty for each department, save for the lumber transportation one? I'll need two hundred."