chapter 9

Next day…

"You call this an advanced storage scroll?!" Jiraiya mocked his student. Level three in sealing was such a milestone because it consisted of not only learning the basics of silencing seals and prisoner scrolls but expanding on everything levels one and two taught. That meant that once mastered one could make storage scrolls any size- not just the fixed amount from level one- and exploding tags with larger blast radius's. After level three, the next milestone was six, but at the rate Naruto was going- according to Jiraiya at least- he'd never get there.

"Jiraiya-sama, it looks fine" Naruto tried to say calmly. This was the fifth try that appeared perfect but Jiraiya tossed in the 'fail' pile.

"YOU'RE AN UZUMAKI- TAKE PRIDE IN IT!" Jiraiya yelled back. In truth Naruto's seals were above average and would pass in the shinobi stores- but Jiraiya wanted perfect so he'd continue to berate his student. "Look, just try again- and faster! No seal master should need more than fifteen seconds for matrixes this simplistic."

"Yes, Jiraiya-sama."

"Call me sensei gaki. I'm your sensei"

"You lost that right after yesterday's 'spar'" Naruto growled as he ran through another attempt. His leg was still fusing itself back together from Jiraiya tossing him into a cliff.

"You're healed…almost. And no pain no gain!"

"Whatever, you just wanted a punching bag."

"Tsch, even so- make another one! That try took twenty two seconds."

As the two continued to banter and throw several more enlarged storage scrolls in a pile, they never noticed Dragon pocketing them. After all, ANBU budget could always use more storage scrolls and he'd teach his young subordinate torture resistance or something as payment.

By the end of the day Naruto could finally make any size scroll within the time limit, over a hundred had been discarded. Of course when the pair looked over they found the pile empty, much to their confusion. A happy Dragon meanwhile was already back in his office with the haul.

Two days later at dawn Naruto and Angel were with Jiraiya in the Forest of Death, Nothing but Naruto's sword and several spare explosive tags with them. Jiraiya had snuck into the apartment and dragged him out to the Jinchuuriki's least favorite place in the village.

"Jiraiya-sama, what the hell? My squad comes here often enough already, I hate it here"

"And that's a problem, gaki. You're scared of this place"

"Damn right I am." Naruto cut in without remorse. Angel nodded along, having spent a fair amount of time in the place as well.

"I won't have my student scared of some measly forest! Your captain will be ready to resume your Jinchuuriki training in two days- until then you will stay here with Angel. To make it more interesting if you succeed I'll let you sign the Toad contract!" All opposition died in both cat and boy's throats at the promise- to sign such a contract was worth more than almost anything!

"Prepare to have that contract ready for us- we'll survive for two days!" Naruto declared.

"Yeah! There's no way we'd be killed here creepy man!" Angel chorused.

"Heh, but there's not just surviving. You two have to defeat the northeast hive of wasp spiders- don't die, okay?" And the sage was gone with a cackle.

"We're going to die, aren't we?" Naruto asked as the pair set off. The northeast hive was the largest of the five groups of wasp spiders (AN: made them up but that would be horrible if they were real- imagine human sized flying spiders with wasp stingers…shivers), said to be the size of a grown man with a wasp like lower body and spider fangs on the front. True monsters, Naruto only fought a couple at a time in the past while Anko and him gathered their venom for her more lethal poisons. They weren't particularly deadly alone but in a mass hive…