"Wait, we're only a few hours out." He said, protesting. Shizune snorted while following.

"Yes, we were, Naruto. But for the last two hours you've been moving slower than a genin. It would have been a week at your speed. I'm surprised you didn't collapse earlier. You ANBU are insane."

"Oh." Was all he could say. The pain had stopped, Kurama able to focus more chakra into his wound now that he was not pushing himself. Maybe a good night's rest before sprinting the last bit would be worth it.

"I want to be back home just as much as you do, Naruto," Tsunade whispered. He tried to speak against that considering her reluctance since he'd met her despite her saying before she was ready to go back, but she shushed him. "Really. You've sparked my village pride again. But your health is just as important."

Naruto looked down, letting his mouth turn down behind his mask. It was his lack of strength that got him so injured. Logically he knew that he was strong- being a jinchuuriki tended to make one so. But emotionally he knew he had to be stronger for the village. He had almost failed his mission and lost his life. It wouldn't do to die young when his beloved Konoha would need him for war.

"Just rest. We'll sleep here and be on the road by dawn." Lulled by her words, he took the advice and drifted off. It might go against training, but what Dragon-sama didn't know wouldn't hurt him. And by him, Naruto meant himself.

Next morning…

It was well past dawn when Naruto awoke, and the room they more than likely rented was empty. He cursed at Kurama while checking his weapons.

"Why didn't you wake me, furball? What if they skipped town?" Naruto was livid at the thought of his target, Konoha's hope, managing to slip through his fingers, and probably carting Angel around too considering she was nowhere in sight!

"Calm down. I'm not your personal rooster so drop the tone or I'll find a way to send an uncomfortable amount of chakra to your tiny manhood next time you see that female flesh bag!" Kurama was not happy. "Besides, the old hag is with your useless cat close by. You can sense them if you just calm down."

Sure enough Naruto could feel their chakras like the ANBU he was, now that his body wasn't in agony. In fact, now that he could stretch, he found himself being back to normal save a small jab of pain in the center of his stomach. Clearly, no matter how much he did not want to admit it, Naruto had needed that rest. Now, time to find Tsunade-sama and finish the mission.

Less than a minute later and Naruto almost wished he had not tried to locate the notorious gambler. No matter how old he lived to be, Naruto would never be able to get the image of the revered Sanin drunkenly offering to pay her debts "in more than one way" to an equally drunk civilian merchant that Konoha had an alliance with out of his head. Shizune and Tonton stood in the corner wishing for death, while Angel enjoyed the show.

Now, Naruto doubted the "other way" was anything less than an attempt to make the man back down so she could subsequently sneak off and leave the man with an empty I O U, but it still was not pleasant. Worse was this merchant was known to be able to talk to other merchants in more than just his textile field. If he got pissed off at Tsunade and then found out she was in Konoha, not only would he demand payment from the village, but it would lead to him badmouthing it to others. That could lead to the village losing merchants, being forced to assassinate him, spread rumors to discredit the merchant, or more than likely all three. No matter the outcome it would not be good at the current time. So, Naruto would have to correct this mess. Again.

He stalked over to Shizune, startling her when he whispered, "how much does she owe?"

"W-what? Oh, Naruto-kun." She looked nervous.