With Hikaru…

The young Hyuga prodigy that nobody recognized paced the border restlessly, Byakugan active. So far not one hint of Orochimaru- not that he really expected any, but still- nor his subordinates. The original plan for Konoha was to launch a war party on Oto and Suna almost immediately following the invasion (especially since they had no Jinchuuriki) but with Hokage-sama incapacitated and the Daimyo wanting to play it safe until his old friend's fate was decided, Hikaru was stuck waiting and playing cleanup.

It pissed him off to no end. Orochimaru being alive altered many plans, and now Naruto was more than likely racing the snake freak to find Tsunade-sama, someone who might not even be able to help.

'No, stop thinking that Hikaru! You're supposed to be the 'positive and easygoing' one of the squad- keep your spirits up.' Hikaru mentally berated himself. But, how could he still be so happy with him separated from his team, some of whom were fighting for their lives?

"Taicho, our replacements have arrived" Hana interrupted his thoughts. She held out a scroll from the village, ready for him to read. With a dutiful nod the Hyuga opened it, eyes widening at the content after he deciphered it.

'Emergency Squad C

Captain: Wolf

Mission: Tracking and Elimination of Key Locations within Otogakure

Location: Land of Rice

Rank: High A- Low S

Details:
Intel from Jiraiya-sama says the Snake is out of the nest, leaving many key locations unprotected. Enclosed is a map with generalized locations of two bases. Seek and destroy these locations while the numbers of surviving Oto personal are within double digits. Additionally operatives are implored to stop by the Daimyo's palace to put it under new management without implicating Konoha or her allies.

Time Range: 2 weeks or when the two bases are destroyed and the 'visit' to the Daimyo's place is complete- whichever occurs first.

Note: Survival comes first in this mission, and if bases prove too well protected, operatives are ordered to return

May the Will of Fire guide your steps.'

Attached was a scroll with the necessary seals, bandit clothes, and supplies. Hikaru had a giddy feeling in his bones, finally feeling useful. Sure his team of trackers was not perfectly ideal for if something went wrong and they were tired, but Hikaru ignored it. If they succeeded, they'd have put another dent into Orochimaru's home and 'taken out' the daimyo. That part of the mission was obviously tacked on by Dragon-sama seeing as it was written in his personal code, not the ones the elders would know.

Clearly his commander wanted the daimyo that sided with Orochimaru dead. Hikaru was glad; he remembered from the briefings before the invasion about how the current daimyo was technically a fraud, as he was merely the former attendant of the actual daimyo who was under Konoha protection until he could reclaim his throne, seeing as the attendant sent fifteen assassins after the young noble.

Looks like claiming the throne was happening sooner rather than later. Hikaru had a hidden grin- ANBU masks really were the best- and clapped Hana on the back.

"Okay Hana-chan, go get the rest of our posse together; team 'Awesome' has a teeny tiny mission!" He cheered and went to burn the scroll; couldn't have anyone find out about his fun 'vacation' in Oto, could he?

Back with Naruto…

"Hey, Angel?"

"Yes, Naruto?" She yawned, the early morning hours making her sleepy even as Naruto kept on running towards their target, carrying her.