Though Ling Xiao could see how this jade was very special among the piles of treasures, what struck him as odd was how it was sitting alone on the innermost table.  

Yet, he could not tell whether or not it was really very precious, since the jade merely stood on the table, unlocked or hidden away.   

Giving in to the strange feeling the treasure gave him, he took a few more looks at it until finally walking over.

Xiao Lizi had received the Emperor's order and very diligently followed behind Ling Xiao. Watching Ling Xiao touch that jade, his eyes brighten.

He walked up to Ling Xiao and bent his waist while asking, "King Consort, is this jade to your liking?"

"Hm." Ling Xiao made a sound of agreement while immersed in his thoughts.

Xiao Lizi watched the scene and said in a fawning soft voice, "Then... why don't you try picking it up?"

"......" Without any words, Ling Xiao just picked the jade up. As he held it, a faint and quite comfortable warmth could be felt from it.

Once he took a closer look, a vivid and lifelike tiger could be seen carved on the jade. Because the jage was white, the tiger really looked like a majestic White Tiger.

The more he looked at it, the more he liked it. He didn't want to let go of it as he played with it.

Xiao Lizi once again said as he watched, "If it is to the King Consort liking, then why not hold onto it?"

Ling Xiao turned back to glare at him. With the way Xiao Lizi kept talking about the treasure, it gave the feeling that it was his, making Ling Xiao uncomfortable.

Ling Xiao curled his lips. He knew that in the end, he was already bearing a grudge against Xiao Lizi ever since he stood on the Emperor's side. So no matter what Xiao Lizi said, he would always feel uncomfortable.

However, Ling Xiao really did like this jade, so he carried it with him.

Leaving the warehouse, Ling Xiao was not followed by Xiao Lizi as the latter found an excuse for the other to leave first as he himself went to Concubine Xian's palace.

The warehouse key had always been in the hands of Concubine Xian. All which entered and all which left the warehouse were always reported to and checked by Concubine Xian.

The account of items were all left to her. Though the Emperor gave the key of the warehouse to Ling Xiao, the reserve key was still in her hands. Ling Xiao was free to take whatever he wanted from the warehouse, but Xiao Lizi would go to Concubine Xian and report to her what he took. That would allow her to keep account of the items inside the warehouse.

The Emperor said that he would not get involved with whatever he took, however, if he wanted to know what Ling Xiao took, he would only need to take a look at the account book to find out.

When the Emperor had Xiao Lizi carry out his orders, he did not decree that the matter must be hidden from Ling Xiao. But thinking that Ling Xiao might feel displeased, he had concealed it from him.

But nevertheless, Ling Xiao was a clever individual. With the experience from his past lifetime, he already knew that the account of the warehouse was taken care of by Concubine Xian.

Though the Emperor gave him the key, he did not give the account to him. If he thought about it carefully, then he would immediately know that there was bound to be a spare key.

And what was taken would without doubt be reported to Concubine Xian.

Rather than waiting for the Emperor to inform him about going to report to Concubine Xian, it was better for him to go and tell her now what he took.