It was possible to deceive the common people of what had happened, but it was impossible to pass it over the people in the court.

However, talking about the subject was strictly prohibited in the palace.

No one dared to comment on such a topic of conversation under the Son of Heaven. They all cherished their lives.

But as Ling Xiao was a straightforward person, he easily violated this taboo.

If he wants to continue questioning the matter, it will be completely possible to place a criminal charge on him that will tarnished his position as a minister.

He can also be beheaded for it!

Frightened, Ling Xiao's body was covered with cold sweat immediately. However, he then remembered the Death Excuse Command tablet he was given and it made him feel slightly relieved.

He forced himself to act calm and then looked towards Mu Xiuning. Once he did, Ling Xiao noticed that the latter was smiling as he watched him.

Ling Xiao's lip twitched as he heard Mu Xiuning say, "With how scared you are, how did you still dare say anything on the affair?"

Ling Xiao toss a glance at him, "Imperial Uncle is allowed to complain about the Emperor and yet would not let Ling Xiao add a few words?"

"If it were only a few words... your few words are a bit too out of turn."

Though Mu Xiuning's tone was languid, it held no enmity, making Ling Xiao feel more at ease.

Color returned to Ling Xiao's face, causing Mu Xiuning to giggle again, "Your ability to discern someone through body language is very excellent."

These words that were said in a humorous tone obviously did not hold any malice, yet when Ling Xiao heard it, he felt a bit uneasy. Losing his desire to socialize with the man, Ling Xiao's manners turned impolite.

"If Imperial Uncle has no further matters to discuss with me, then I shall take my leave now. The Emperor await my return."

Ling Xiao deliberately mentioned the Emperor to ensure that Mu Xiuning would not be able to hold him back from leaving.

It was no different than using the Emperor to pressure Mu Xiuning. Ling Xiao had believed that this will make the man angry, or at the least, get him to react in any way. However, Mu Xiuning was very peaceful, so much that it was too surprising. In his surprise, Ling Xiao forgot to leave.

Mu Xiuning then took the initiative and gave Ling Xiao a way out, when he saw the other troubled. He even bent his waist to assume a 'please' posture.

This made Ling Xiao feel a bit embarrassed; Mu Xiuning had obviously sounded him out, yet now it looked like he didn't want to leave.

Raising his head arrogantly, Ling Xiao threw his sleeve harshly and with a depressed expression, walked forward.

Unlike his usual self, a laugh escaped from Mu Xiuning's lips. He wasn't too careful and it managed to reach Ling Xiao's ears, making his entire face burn.

Ling Xiao didn't want to stay here any longer. He quickened his pace a bit and disappeared at the corner.

Mu Xiuning looked in the direction Ling Xiao left in and once again, lazily leaned against the wall, before finally sighing.

"Looks like, Xuan'er found a good one."

The atmosphere around him changed with these words as he raised his head to look at the sky.

"And now, I won't have to worry anymore..."

The words only he could hear, carried sorrow with them. If others had heard him and witnessed his change, they would have felt sad as well.