In other words, Naruto had to win. Not only for the village but as a show of loyalty. And with the squad unexpectedly split up it rested more on his shoulders. They've known this from day one of planning.

But now it was here. She expected her kohai- one she's had the privilege to train and see as family- a nervous mess. And he was. Until the glazed look indicating he was talking to the beast within happened and he laughed.

"Kurama says to just be glad we get to let loose and go eat ramen." Yugao snorted and pulled out her sword.

"So you listen to the furball and not your favorite senpai?!" She unleashed killing intent in teasing.

"Ahh no! Not at all! Uhh, gotta scram!" Using his chain of shunshins and hint of demonic chakra he escaped the incoming sword. Left behind was a chuckling purplette and rather confused Hawk.

Meanwhile, under Konoha…

"In less than two days Konoha will fall, and up will arise a darker one, one fit to overthrow the nations." A one-eyed warhawk looked over his ranks critically. Many had gone missing or died when fifteen bases were struck within a span of thirty-six hours. Then, they stopped with no indication of the perpetrators except remnants of weapons commonly found everywhere and lightning chakra. If he didn't know better, Danzo would have thought Sarutobi finally grew a spine to eliminate him or that Takeshi turned on him. Neither would make sense though, especially as his spies reported ANBU keeping the boy sedated with plans to have Jiraiya crack the seal after the invasion. By then the boy would be back where he belonged.

Nevertheless, to make sure there wasn't a different spy, they moved the survivors to the most secure base- one only those involved with the Neo-Uchiha clan knew about- and didn't allow anyone to leave. Soon though ROOT would rise with the fall of the diseased leaves.

"Remember your orders; wait until Konoha forces defeat the invasion, and then anyone who opposes us is to be taken out. While Orochimaru and Sarutobi murder each other I will personally face the commander if he interfears. On my signal take the lesser ANBU out in the post- invasion chaos. Once I'm Hokage, we go to war with the lesser villages. For Konoha!" Danzo's cane echoed throughout the cavern as hundreds of masked shinobi knelt from the ceiling. A flick of the wrist sent them all away, off to prepare for the spoils of war. All he thought about, however, were targets to take out.

Sai, the traitor.

Naruto Uzumaki, to be reprogrammed.

Dragon, the insufferable nuences.

Hiruzen, his oldest friend and biggest regret at failing to assassinate him decades prior.

Konoha would be saved, Danzo vowed. Even if he had to burn it to the ground completely and start again.

None noticed the crow poofing out of existence, having a location to verify with his master.

Day of the invasion, pre-dawn, ANBU HQ…

Dragon looked over his men and women, knowing some of the masks he saw would not be with them when the dusk settled. Heck, he might not be here depending on how the destruction of ROOT went. But that didn't matter.

For they were Konoha shinobi, the best of the best of them too.

Squads Gama and Slug were stocked to the max on medical supplies and guerilla warfare weapons. Deer was on standby for the Hokage's or ANBU's needs, even if Dragon wished it wouldn't be.

Hawk and his squad were leading five others in the stadium defences. Multiple battalions would aid the chunin and jonin in village protection as well as making sure the forests remained death traps.