"......" Ling Xiao frowned and wanted to retort, but seeing the teasing look on the other's face that had finally turned back to his former expression, he couldn't bear to make him think on the grieving matters again. He didn't want to see him with that sorrowful face...

It was best to enjoy things while they could, so Ling Xiao pursed his lips and bore with it.

Fu Yujun naturally knew what Ling Xiao was thinking about just from looking at his expression. He was moved by Ling Xiao's worry about his mood, and was also grateful that this man saved him from a calamity.

He silently tighten his hands together behind his back, falling into his thoughts.

This person even took his mood in such consideration, so how could he force him to do something he wasn't willing to?

Fu Yujun pursed his lips, silently made a decision in his heart and loosen the tight grip he had of his hands. He passed by Ling Xiao and said, "If you really aren't willing to marry me, then I will just have to wait for the day when you sincerely agree."

He finished speaking and walked away. Worried that he might regret his decision, he moved quickly and did not look back at Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao was astounded, he didn't expect that Fu Yujun would let him go so easily and his eyebrows rose a bit in delight.

Turning around, Ling Xiao ran slowly to catch up to Fu Yujun. He was somewhat overly happy as he said, "Is that the truth? Then allow me to tell you, you shouldn't wait for me. The best thing for you is to take a wife early who can give birth to a child. That way you can make your Shao Country Royal Family flourish again. It is impossible for me to turn back..."

Ling Xiao did not dare to continue and his words completely stopped because of Fu Yujun's glower.

Ling Xiao gave a dry laugh at Fu Yujun's pitch black face and slightly retreated two steps, keeping a safe distance from him.

Fu Yujun watched and gave a cold smile, "If you're so scared, then why did you still say all of that?"

"...Wasn't I just saying all that so you wouldn't bother waiting..." Ling Xiao carefully said.

Fu Yujun made two cold sounds, interrupting Ling Xiao, "Do you really believe that if you continue, I will pretend like I didn't say those words just now, take you straight back to the palace and hold a wedding banquet?"

"......" Ling Xiao closed his mouth tightly and did not speak anymore. Although he knew it would be impossible for the Shao Country to master the power needed to hold a wedding banquet right now, Fu Yujun's expression made Ling Xiao a bit fearful. He was worried that Fu Yujun would really go back on his words. 

Fu Yujun watched, his chest pained. Was this person so reluctant to marry him?

Depressed, he turned his head and slowly walked to the horse carriage, which Ling Xiao used to arrive in, trying to shift his attention from the matter. 

Though most of its contents had been cleared away, some lone bamboo tubes were still inside, guarded by soldiers. 

Once he approached, only then did Fu Yujun noticed that there was another sack containing something.

Thinking it was the same as the bamboo stuff, he did not pay further attention to it.

He picked up a bamboo tube nearby and carefully inspected it, being unable to see what was so special about it.

At this moment, Ling Xiao had already made his way over. Seeing that Fu Yujun was inspecting his bamboo tubes, he couldn't help but say, "You definitely can't see the ingenuity of this thing."