Chapter 6: Third Date

Magsimula sa umpisa

But I ignored everyone, my eyes searching for Ezra.

"Hello, beautiful," a random voice spoke from behind me.

I turned around, my eyebrows lowered as I looked at the man I didn't know.

"Um - hey. Do you know where Ezra is?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you before. I'm Sebastian," he said as if I was supposed to know who he was.

I pursed my lips, "Hey Sebastian. Have you seen Ezra?"

His eyes widened, looking surprised at my response.

"Wow. Usually when girls hear who I am, they start twirling their hair and batting their eyelashes," he shrugged.

"I don't know who you are."

The corners of his mouth turned up, "Good. You're different, way better than the other plastic girls here."

I cringed.

"I'm not going to accept a compliment at the expense of other women. Now excuse me," I said a little rudely before turning around.

Sebastian grabbed my wrist and turned me back around instantly.

"I don't like to be talked to that way," his tone was a little threatening as he kept a tight grip on my wrist.

"I don't give a shit," I almost spat. "Let go of me. Now."

"And if I don't?" he almost laughed. "What are you gonna do about it?"

I felt my lips form a thin line as I looked at him; he was both taller and stronger than me.

I opened my mouth to say something when a fist was thrown into Sebastian's face from behind me.

He released my wrist as he stumbled backward, blood pouring out of his nose and falling onto his suit.

A pair of hands grabbed onto my waist and pulled me backward, before stepping in between Sebastian and I.

"You're even dumber than I fucking thought," Ezra spat at Sebastian.

Sebastian remained hunched over, holding his hand to his bleeding nose. He looked up at Ezra, "Ezra Atlas. I'm sorry if this girl is special to you, I didn't know-"

"Yes, she fucking is," Ezra spat. "You will never put your goddamn hands on her again."

"You're right, you're right," Sebastian spoke as if he were afraid of him. "I'm sorry."

Ezra went silent for a moment as I watched his back.

"No, you aren't sorry yet," he almost whispered. "But you will be."

He turned around and grabbed my hand in his. He said softly before starting to guide me to another room, "Come on."

He held my hand as he walked to another room. It was empty and quiet, and looked as if it was an office.

Ezra shut the door behind us before cupping my face and pulling me close to him, "Are you okay?"

The look in his eyes shifted as he looked at my red chest, "Did Sebastian do that to you?"

I felt the same tears start to form in my eyes from earlier.

His face instantly softened, "What's wrong, my love?"

My love. Those words made butterflies fill in my stomach and made me smile despite my wet eyes.

"I want to tell you something, Ezra," my voice was shaky. "A secret."