Chapter 13 : Calm Before The Storm (1)

Start from the beginning

"As if marriages are that easy. They treat it as a tool and then have kids for their power, utilising them like Medea's parents did to her. They also have a reasonable amount of affairs for themselves, destroying their family. And the cycles never end. It sicks me to the stomach," Aurora refrains herself from looking at those hideous people with a burning hatred.

Hector and Apollo will bluntly reject the idea, humiliating the nobles. Since then, the number of marriage alliance offers has decreased until there are none. Of course, Natalie and Medea are relieved about this. The announcement for the Crown Prince and Crown Princess to enter the ballroom fills the space as the four are busy talking with the nobles.

"Announcing the arrival of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess, Prince Ares and Lady Hera, in the ballroom!"

They all come to an abrupt halt and wait for them in complete silence. Now, at long last, the door swings open to reveal the loving couple who have long been the source of pride for citizens of the Angelos Empire. As they enter the ballroom, Hera and Ares are arm-in-arm. They look stunning in the white and gold evening attire they bought together. They try to put on a happy face in front of the nobility despite the fact that they haven't announced their broken engagement just yet.

The nobles smile and praise the couples, while those who know just stand there, barely saying anything. Ares turns his head, only to find the flashy golden hair with a pair of striking ruby eyes watching him. She's standing there with a glass of champagne in her hand. Duchess Smith smiles and bows slightly at the couple. Hera waves excitedly at Duchess Smith, and her gaze is fixed on Duchess Medea. Her emerald eyes sparkled with delight as she saw her best friend in the crowd.

"Lady Medea looks beautiful as always tonight. I am glad she is well," Hera repress her squeals inside.

"We appreciate your attendance at this celebration. As many are aware, the Crassore Royal Family will enter the ballroom after this. I hope we can provide the Crassore with the most enjoyable stay possible," the Crown Prince raises his wine glass.

The Crassore's Royal Family then enters the banquet. All eyes are on them, mostly observing their appearance. The crowd is now silent, watching the powerful presence. Now, Medea understands the Crassore Royal Family's known looks. The raven's black hair was as dark as night, with exceptional red eyes. Those eyes bring back a memory. She thought her eyes were more alluring than the Crown Princess.

Then the three of them walk elegantly and greet all of the nobility. The crowd's focus was clearly on the young woman among the three. Medea takes note of her physical features, starting with the fringe of raven hair across her forehead. She's not donning a dress but a long white suit with a black long-sleeved shirt underneath. There's a folded handkerchief bearing the Imperial symbol in her left pocket. Her outfits are always polished off with a pair of white leather heels.

Ares and Hera greet and converse with the Imperial Family as the most influential people in the room.

"It is our pleasure to have the Crassore Royal Family with us tonight, Your Majesty," Ares strikes up the conversation.

"Likewise, the Angelos Empire live up to its name with its prosperity until now," the Empress leaves an appreciation gesture.

The young woman still hasn't uttered a word in the banquet, only flashing her smile at them. Her mysterious presence somewhat attracts Natalie. However, she is still wary about what happened, especially last night.

"To think this woman sacrifices herself for the sake of her Empire is really something else," Aurora thought, shaking her head, being trapped in her situation as well.