33| RegalBeliever (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Henry huffed about her sudden disappearance, especially since they had planned to go on a ride together. It would have been in the woods, where no one would have seen them. He was clearly frustrated since he was well aware of the fact that he was right. His mother should stand up for herself and she is a good person. All he wanted was for them to see how special his mother was.

Out of anger about her reaction, Henry threw the horse's brush into an empty bucket that was standing right in front of the door, which caused a sudden loud noise.

His horse immediately jumped up, kicking once, then twice. Henry turned himself in shock since he hadn't meant for Jacil to be scared but before he even had the chance to calm him down, he got hit on the left side of his head, which made his world Bo blank.

The boy immediately fell to the ground, unconscious and with a big wound on his forehead.

....
....

"Henry I am sorry...", Regina said when she arrived in the stables again, rubbing her temple. "I shouldn't have snapped at you...", she started with a sigh, walking closer to Henry's pony, who stood still and calm as always. Just how she remembered it to be.

"Henry?", she asked. "I know you're angry with me... And... Henry?!?", she asked again, only seeing his shoes from her perspective. "Henry!", she yelled again, letting go of her horse to run up to her still unconscious son on the ground. "No no no no. Everything is going to be okay. Please!", she said, scooping him up in her arms.

"HELP!! Please!", she cried desperately, not caring about anything that would he her cry in the first place.

******
Storybrook hospital

"He can't remember anything about what happened... But he was very very lucky considering that a horse can cause much worse injuries.", Dr. Whale explained, making Regina nod understanding, nervously playing with a button of her jacket.

"Where is he? I need to go to him!", she almost yelled out.

"Of course.", the doctor said, leading her to Henry's hospital room.

"Henry!", his mother said straight away, just glad about the fact that her son was awake. Regina ran into the room, pulling him straight into a tight hug. "I am so so sorry. I am so sorry. I will never ever let anything happen to you again. I promise.", she cried.

*****
Regina's Vault

"Where are we, Mom?", Henry asked, looking around the cold stone walls that almost felt threatening to him. "It's scary in here. Why is there a hidden room underneath?", he asked with a shaking voice.

"Doesn't matter. You will forget all this in a second.", Regina simply answered, almost mumbling it, before searching for something she had made years ago. A creation of her own.

"You're scaring me, mom. Why can't we just go back home... And later to the stables?", he asked unsurely.

"No... No more stables-"

"--But you always tell me to face my fears!! I wanna go back. I wanna learn how to be as good as you are! You are the best rider in town!", he complained.

"Henry....", Regina said calmly. "I said no more stables. No more horses. This is never going to happen again. I will never let you out of my sight again.", she said with a sigh, finally grabbing what she needed.

******
Regina's Mansion

"It's for the best.", Regina said to herself, putting some drops of the magical liquid into Henry's glass. "I am sorry but I have no other chance than taking your memory of everything we ever done with horses.", she talked to herself, knowing that she would remove that one thing that both of them enjoyed the most with each other. Riding was their safe place, their happiness and their rare time together but her fear of losing Henry was much bigger than the desperate feeling of her freedom.