Chapter 17

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Izuku continues walking through the forest where he met Ivern. He didn't learn much but at least something. He walks for a few hours until he finds himself in a forest with only dead trees. The sky is dark and an ominous aura surrounds this area.

Izuku: Mhh, it's kind of weird coming from a thriving living forest to such an area. Besides, it should still be day, why is it so dark here?

Izuku walks up to one of the trees and grabs the wood. The wood is black and rough, it almost feels as if it will fall into a thousand pieces if he grips the tree with a little more force.

Izuku: Mhh, what just happened here?

He gets up and looks around for a while, but finds nothing to help him figure out what happened here. He finds some animal tracks, but these are moving out of this dead area. No signs of a fight, nothing. He shakes his head and sighs.

Izuku: It doesn't make sense to search here forever for the reason what is happening here and how. Even if I would like to know.

He gets up and walks on, after a while his stomach starts to growl. Izuku looks around and sees no danger. He lays his backpack on the ground against a rock and pulls out his camping gear. After a few minutes his tent is up and he has lit a campfire. He sits on a rock and pulls out a bag of jerky, which he begins to eat. As he eats, he hears something moving fast towards him. He pretends he hasn't noticed and continues to eat in peace, but unnoticed he grabs his dagger and pulls it out of its sheath. A few minutes pass and he notices several individuals positioning themselves around. They are quiet and try not to make a loud noise so as not to alarm Izuku.

Izuku: *Thoughts* They move almost like Akali, but not as dexterously as her.

He hears something flying through the air and flying through the fire, so the fire goes out. Izuku drops his bag of jerky and gets into a fighting stance with his dagger. An opponent approaches from behind, but Izuku quickly turns and blocks a punch from a man in black ninja clothing.

The man seems surprised and tries to attack Izuku again, but Izuku grabs his arm and throws him over himself. The man groans as he hits the ground, Izuku pulls him up and in front of him to block some shuriken thrown at him by another ninja. The first ninja is hit by the shuriken and screams before Izuku grabs him properly again and spins him several times before throwing him at the second ninja. The first hits the second and the two end up crashing into a tree.

Two more ninja jump down from two trees and run towards Izuku. One attacks from the left, the other from the right. Izuku blocks both of them with his arms and headbutts one who steps backwards and holds his nose. He hits the second against his larynx, which falls to the ground, coughs heavily and tries to get air again. Izuku side kicks him in the head knocking him out. The other tries to attack Izuku again, but Izuku beats him and hits him in the face again, realizing that he broke the ninja's nose with the first punch. The ninja yells and holds his nose, Izuku punches him in the back of the head and the ninja falls to the ground, KO'd.

Izuku looks up at the trees and sees two more ninja standing there, but they look more like they'd like to run away. But before they can do that, another man comes onto the scene, he's wearing black and red light armor with a metal mask covering his face.

???: Really impressive boy. But you really are a disgrace.

He looks at the ninja who are knocked out and at the other two who were about to run away. Izuku looks at the man calmly and nods.

izuku; Thanks for the compliment Zed.

Zed: Izuku, nice to see you. You've gotten a lot better, come with us. You two will carry the other four. We go back to the temple.

Izuku nods and follows Zed through the forest while the other two ninja follow.

Zed: Training is going to be tough, but I think you'll get through it...

Izuku nods and continues to follow Zed until they arrive at a temple. A fatal aura.

Zed: Welcome to the Temple of Thanjuul.

To be continued.