Chapter 10

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Rakan rushes forward to Izuku tossing him up and catching him on his shoulders before laughing.

Rakan: Hahaha, I didn't think I'd meet you here, little dancer. What are you doing here?

Izuku: I was sent to runeterra to train, obviously this is the only place where I can train properly.

Rakan: I see. Come while you're here you can sleep in my tent.

Izuku jumps off his shoulders and follows Rakan to a large tent. Rakan pushes the cloth covering the entrance aside and goes inside.

Rakan: I'm back~

Izuku follows him inside, but the moment he takes the first step into the tent, his instinct screams to dodge. He leans back and gives way to a blue, purple feather that flies past him. Before he can calm down, the feather comes flying back. Izuku follows the trajectory of the feather and sees a female vastaya with red hair. She looks angry.

???: What is a human doing here?

Rakan smiles a little embarrassed and scratches the back of his head.

Rakan: Hey honey, do you remember when I told you that I have a student?

???: Yes.

Rakan: Well that's him.

Rakan points his finger at Izuku who is bowing.

Izuku: Nice to meet you, my name is Izuku.

The woman growls and turns away.

Rakan: Xayah, I know you don't like humans, neither do I. But the little one is really okay. He doesn't want to do anything bad.

Xayah: He should just stay away from me.

Rakan strokes the back of his neck before going out and leading Izuku with him

Rakan strokes the back of his neck before going out and leading Izuku with him. The two walk a little farther away before they start talking.

Izuku: So that was Xayah.

Rakan: Yes.

Izuku: I'm sorry, I didn't want you guys arguing because of me.

Rakan: Hey it's alright, she will calm down. Come on, we'll both go hunting, we still need a little food.

Rakan runs off into a forest, Izuku close on his heels. After a while, the two of them stop and see a deer that is drinking by a river.

Rakan: There is our goal, I throw it up and you do the rest. Take that.

He reaches into a small pocket and takes out a dagger because he is handing Izuku. Izuku nods and the two get ready. Rakan runs, jumps to the deer and throws it up. Izuku runs towards the deer, jumps up, clings to the deer and kills it with the dagger. Rakan lands on his legs while Izuku lands in a crouch and the dead deer falls to the ground with a dull sound.

Rakan: That worked very well. Come on, let's bring the deer back to camp.

The two of them bring the deer back to camp with a little effort. When the two arrive, several other vastaya come to take the deer from them to prepare it. The evening comes and the camp gathers around the campfire, where they eat and celebrate. Izuku learns a lot of new things, they celebrate and eat together every evening. He looks around a little and sees Rakan and Xayah sitting together again, the two seem to have made up again. Rakan looks at Izuku and wants to wave him over, but he makes a "no" gesture with his hands. The group around the campfire is getting smaller and smaller. Most of them go to bed, Izuku stands up and walks away from the campfire.

Rakan: Go to the tent, Xayah. I still have something to do.

Xayah: A prank again?

Rakan: ....no?

Xayah sighs and puts a hand on her forehead.

Xayah: Just hurry up.

Xayah goes to the tent and Rakan goes where he saw Izuku disappear. He sees Izuku climbing a tree and making himself comfortable on a branch.

Rakan: Izuku, come with me into the tent. I know Xayah can be filled with a bit of hate, but she wouldn't hurt you.

Izuku: It's okay, Rakan, I think she needs to get to know me better before we can interact in any big way. I'll be fine.

Rakan: If you say so.

Rakan leaves Izuku who lets himself fall into the dream world, time flies as a scream echoes through the night. Izuku's eyes shoot up, he gets up, jumps from the tree and runs in the direction of the scream. His pursuit leads him into the forest when he sees two children from the camp running away from a huge stone golem. The stone golem has a blue tinge that surrounds it. One of the children falls, the golem wants to attack him, but before he hits the child, Izuku runs to the child, picks him up and jumps backwards.

Izuku: Run back to camp!

The two children nod and start running.

Izuku: I need a weapon and I need it fast.

Izuku tries to summon a weapon, but when he tries, none appears.

Izuku: What?

The golem tries to hit him but Izuku jumps into the air, lands on his arm and runs to the head. He pulls the dagger he got from Rakan and stabs the golem in the shoulder. The golem screams and throws Izuku against a tree, he slides down the tree and dodges another blow from the golem. It goes on for a few minutes, he doesn't notice that Rakan and Xayah are there and watch in shock.

Rakan: Why doesn't he summon one of his weapons?

Izuku is still fighting the golem, a little blood flowing from his forehead.

Izuku: If you seriously think I'll let you go to camp, you are wrong. They are good people and I will do everything I can to keep you away from them.

Xayah's eyes widen a little, this is the first time that she has heard a human say that. The golem attacks again, Izuku, who is already exhausted, is hit hard and thrown backwards. Rakan catches him holding him tight in his arms.

Izuku: R-Rakan?

Rakan: You idiot! Why didn't you summon one of your weapons?!

Izuku: I can't.

Rakan: What?! Why didn't you just run away then?

Izuku: Then the thing would have come too close to the camp and the two children would have been injured, I couldn't live with this guilt.

At that moment Izuku starts to glow, when the glow stops, he stands there in a similar outfit as Rakan. His injuries have also healed.

Izuku: Now it works?

Rakan: Who cares let's do it!

Izuku and Rakan run towards the golem and both throw it up. When the golem lands, Izuku and Rakan activate their magic and run around the golem, the golem gets confused because he doesn't know who to attack. The Golem decides to attack Izuku, but before he can hit him, several feathers hit the Golem, who slowly breaks into small stones. The feathers are called back and Izuku sees that they came from Xayah. Xayah approaches Izuku and puts a hand on his head.

Xayah: Good work Izuku and thank you for saving these two children.

To be continued.