♯ 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

Start from the beginning

❝huh?? what's wrong??❞

umー well

❝mika. . . ?❞

imayhavetakeninsomelargeassinjureddogwolfthingandhisbleedingeverywhereー

❝MIKA, YOU WHAT?!❞

just come over thanks! love ya, bye!

𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘱❜ 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭. . . 

and just like that, [ y/n ]'s childhood, best friend hangs up. she stared at the black screen of her phone and heavily sighed, sluggishly getting up to go to her friend's place on this hot, humid summer's day. ❝good lord, mika you better have some explaining to do.❞ [ y/n ] mumbled as she left her apartment.

┊🐺┊♯ 

♯┊🐺┊♯ 

┊🐺┊♯ 

♯ 𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚 ― sunny, 2:07 p.m.

finally arriving at mika's place, [ y/n ] inhaled shakily and mentally prepared herself. walking up to the small home that was ― surprisingly ― surrounded by some forest-like area at the back. pulling the tank top from her body as sweat began to accumulate, sticking the light fabric to her skin.

before she could knock on mika's door, it busted open revealing a sweating and heaving faux blond girl. ❝thank god, you're here! hurry up! i ain't trying to have my carpet stained in blood!❞ mika exclaimed pulling in her taller friend, earning a yelp from the poor girl.

❝mika! what the he❞ [ y/n ] cut herself short as she was dragged into mika's living room at the sight. there, in the middle of the floor, was a bleeding, roughed-up dog? or was it a wolf? whatever it was, it was huge and canine in build. besides the mattered parts of furs from drying blood, he had a thick coat of weirdly yellow with red tips and a white underbelly.

and why did it have weirdly forked eyebrows?

[ y/n ] quickly shook her head, she needs to focus on this animal first. ❝mika, why didn't you call animal services or the vet??❞

❝huh? oh, i guess i should have. . .❞ mika shamefully muttered.

❝mika!❞

❝i'm sorry! my mind blanked and you're the only responsible friend i have!❞ that. . . yeah, that checks out. sighing, [ y/n ] quickly went to the bathroom as she got mika to call the pound or something. however, upon hearing the pound, the injured dog-thing growled dangerously at mika as they tried to stand.

hearing the commotion, [ y/n ] ran back out taking note the animal was a male and whistled to grab his attention. his had snapped to her as [ y/n ] lowered herself and slowly held her hand out she was solid two to three meters away from him  for him to sniff her sent.

the animal growled as he limped towards [ y/n ] and sniffed the air around her. his growling lessoned and his ears ― which were folded back ― slowly moved forward into an alert position as he softly sniff her hand. [ y/n ] stood still along with mika as the injured wolf? thoroughly sniffed the chubby woman's hand.

after a few baited breaths, he licked her hand and nudged it with his nose. releasing her breath, [ y/n ] carefully and quickly accessed his injures, cleaned them to the best of her ability and wrapped the cuts up. thankfully, none needed any stitches by the looks of it. however, there was some stubborn matted fur.

❝. . . soooooo do want him. . . ?❞ mika blurted out.

❝mika. . .❞ [ y/n ] deadpanned.

❝oh no. mika in b flat, you're disappointed.❞

❝you know i live in a small apartment. a dog his size wouldn't live there comfortably.❞

❝well. . . the thing is. . . my landlord won't allow me to house pets except for fish. plus! your apartment complex allows pets!❞

❝it is kinda stupid how you can't have pets besides fish. . . you have a whole ass mini forest.❞ it was strange indeed.

during their conversation, the dog moved his head back and forth as they spoke. it was kinda human-like, strange.

❝fine,❞ [ y/n ] crumbled at seeing mika's puppy eyes, turning to the dog who sat, ears flicking, ❝looks like you're coming home with me, buddy.❞ all she got was a huff and small tail wags. looks like she was getting a fluffy roommate.

┊🐺┊♯ 

♯┊🐺┊♯