"Your eyes didn't change colour."

"There's a lot of demons coming and going from the palace the past two days because of the funeral, it's not ideal to reveal my emotions. I'm using a spell to keep them in check," Caiden explained calming Freya's flame.

Enigmatic emotions swirled in her eyes upon being reminded of Andrew's death. She answered in a perfunctory tone, "Hmm, I see. Then keep it that way."

Freya's nonchalant yet firm voice rang in Caiden's ears, "It's going to get busy. Help me get those from Black Diamond, we're having an emergency meeting."

Caiden's eyes widened slightly before getting up, "As you wish."

Freya added as she ruffled the fox's hair, the emotions in her eyes turned complicated, "No, I take it back. Get everyone here. Including Uncle Oscar and his family. I'm going to go visit uncle for a while."

Ever since Andrew passed away on the bed, she hasn't seen him since then. She wanted to arrange the funeral but that bastard showed up and ruined her plans. She couldn't even attend for the first day.

Freya felt her heart tighten, things didn't turn out as she hoped. Andrew did not wake up. It's already the third day, her uncle should be dead for good.

"Are you going to be okay on your own?" Caiden furrowed his brows.

"I'll be fine. I can use my previous powers to some extent. I can defend myself."

Caiden hesitated but still gave in. He gave her a final peck before teleporting away.

Freya's heavy steps echoed in the hallway. She changed into a black dress with a bouquet of white carnations in her hand. She hesitated as she reached the large wooden doors in front of her.

The crystal butterflies that were connected to their reluctant owner slowly pushed open the heavy doors as the girl entered. In the very centre of the room, laid a coffin of gold, glass and the finest wood.

Demons rarely have their corpse buried, however once visiting days are over, no one will be allowed into the room where the deceased rest. The only exceptions were close family members.

The wooden doors closed gently as though the girl didn't want to startle her precious deceased family member. Freya stopped beside the coffin, looking at her pale uncle through the glass.

"Freya, keep it a secret from your dad. Your uncle brought you pudding!"

"Let's go play, Freya. Uncle will bring you somewhere fun."

"Don't worry, uncle will always be by your side forever to protect you."

Freya smiled recalling Andrew's lively personality. It almost seemed like her uncle was just sleeping. He would wake up and say 'Why do you look so down, let's go somewhere fun!"

However, it was just her wishful thoughts. All those precious moments have turned into irreplaceable memories that can't be relived.

Tears dripped down her beautiful eyes as she placed the carnations on top of the coffin, a painful smile showed on her equally pale face, "Uncle, I'm here. Sorry, I'm late... too late. I didn't want to show you this unsightly state."

Freya slumped down beside the coffin, she choked through sobs, "I-I couldn't save you. I'm ashamed to s-say I tried my best. And now, I can only cry in regret. I'm sorry for being such a useless niece. I love you..."

Freya looked at the unmoving man in the coffin, her heart felt like bursting. Andrew was a second father to her, she felt horrible as the anguish swept over her.

"Why is fate so cruel?"

She wiped away her tears after weeping for some time. Freya slapped her cheeks twice, making them rosy red to snap herself out of this depressed mood.

"Uncle, if you can hear me, I'll be confining your soul here for a decade. If I can't figure out a solution...I'll let your soul go."

But Freya wasn't sure if her uncle's soul was still present or not. It was a gamble. Purple butterflies surrounded the room, forming a barricade. The butterflies were made from her soul, so they should be able to contain souls as well.

"The living can only look forward, moving on doesn't mean forgetting," Freya murmured as she stood up weakly. "That is the way of life."

"Uncle, I'll visit you again soon." Freya wore a fake smile as she headed to the door.

After looking back for the last time, she left the dark room. Unbeknownst to her, a blurry figure of the man stood beside the coffin and mouthed, "I love you too, Freya. Thank you for doing your best."

Freya changed into a white pantsuit before heading to the meeting room. When she opened the door, all eyes fell on her. Freya tied her hair up casually into a bun and smiled,

"Seems like everyone has gathered, let's start."