35

A surge of giddiness hit Caiden like a truck. He rubbed his throbbing temples, resisting the urge to close his eyes.

Freya sensed his discomfort...unexpectedly her words triggered him?

She kissed his forehead and pressed it towards her shoulder, "Don't resist it. I'm here."

His teary eyes gazed at her briefly before nodding his head. His whole body slumped towards her and relaxed.

Caiden felt more comfortable after closing his eyes, it didn't hurt anymore.

Freya felt distressed over her lover's condition but she couldn't help feeling elated. This way she didn't need Ruby's help at all!

He could regain his memories and she won't need to waste her time visiting her second youngest disciple. Hitting two birds with one stone.

Freya summoned her crystal butterflies after settling Caiden onto the bed in a more comfortable position. The purple butterflies flapped their wings around him, stabilizing his condition.

The young man had his brows furrowed but it didn't affect his peerless countenance. His eyelashes trembled ever so slightly, this pitiful appearance made her heartache.

Sensing it wasn't life-threatening, Freya sighed in relief, "It should be different from what I went through."

Still, she kept her butterflies around. It will still ease his pain, albeit she'll be the one feeling it instead.

She rang the bell beside the bed.

"Yes, my lord." Mason's voice transmitted through the doors.

Freya combed her bangs back with her fingers, cold sweat formed on her forehead from the pain, "It's me."

Mason raised his brow, "Master?"

"Help me inform dad that I won't be back tonight...if his condition worsens it might take a few days. I can't leave." She carefully brushed away the strands of hair obstructing Caiden's face.

"What happened to-"

"He's recovering his memories. You don't need to guess anything, he is the reincarnation of Greed."

Silence......

Freya continued, "I'm sure you've had a hunch. You served him for a reason."

He can't hide anything from her.

"Go, convey my message. And command my team, Soul Reapers to come stand guard around the castle. I need to focus."

Mason sighed, "Yes, master."

Freya grasped Caiden's hand in hers, squeezing it gently, "I'll assure your safety with my life."

Those under her protection, she won't allow them to suffer any grievance.

.

.

.

Caiden opened his eyes slowly, but what he saw had him startled. He was no longer in his room!

His gaze drifted to his...paws? Why did he have paws?? Fox paws! He was in his fox form? Then, why did he have black fur??

Despite being in a foreign place, he didn't feel nervous. Instead, a sense of nostalgia stirred his heart.

Although...he had no idea why a dark alley covered with blood splashes made his heart feel fuzzy and warm.

His eyes scanned through the alley. Corpses laid tidily against the wall, there was only a standing silhouette.