𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Ha, ha." He wasn't laughing, and neither was I. "C'mon, Y/N. Don't be so mean to me; you might hurt my feelings."

Sparing him a glance, I resisted the urge to (as we all know) roll my eyes, "Maybe that's the point, Damon. Besides, I'm sure plenty of other girls would be more than happy to be extra nice to you. But, guess what? I'm not one of them."

He chuckled, a real one this time, making me narrow my eyes and cock an eyebrow, "So that's why you haven't talked to me." Where is he going with this? "You're jealous."

What the hell.

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach. Tears sprung to my eyes, and it took a moment to compose myself. "You're kidding me. I'm not jealous. As if I'd ever want to be with you."

"For someone who's not jealous, you sure seem to get upset when I'm talking to other girls." That halted my laughing because I didn't find it funny anymore.

Before I could interject, he continued, "I think you're lying about not wanting me. I mean, have you seen me?" There was that cocky grin. "I'm pretty irresistible."

Rolling my eyes again, I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest defensively. "The only time I would ever want someone like you is in your dreams. And all I see when I look at you is someone who has their head stuck up their ass."

Damon took a step forward, the red light in the room making him more menacing. He winced, pretending to be hurt. "Language! I thought you were a good girl. Maybe you're more bad than I thought."

I shouldered my bag, sighing. I don't have time for this. Well, I have time. I'm just not willing to waste it on the likes of him.

"Okay, Damon. You're irresistible, and I'm jealous of every girl who breathes near you. Will you leave me alone now?"

His hands found themselves a home on the table I was leaning against, which effectively trapped me. We've been in this position one time too many.

Damon looked down at me, a grin stretching across his face that made him resemble the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. It was fitting, considering that he always pulled me down the rabbit hole with him. "Ah, ah, ah. Before you go, I have one question."

"Damon..."

He held up his index finger, twirling it around. "One question. Then I'll leave you alone." At my questioning and obviously annoyed expression, he added, "For good. I mean it."

For good? It's debatable, but if playing his silly games gets him to leave me alone? Well, I guess I'm in.

"Fine. Shoot."

Maybe not the best idea.

"Tell me something."

I sighed, nodding my head for him to get on with it. "You're telling me that if I do this..." My eyes tracked his hand as it made its way up to my face. He did the same thing he always does, tucking loose strands of hair behind my ear. It usually didn't affect me, but now, it was a slightly different story.

"You don't feel anything?"

I scoffed softly, struggling to maintain eye contact as I shrugged, "No, nothing. Now, can I-"

"What about now?" His fingers traveled along my face, resting on my chin. I was sure he could hear my heartbeat racing and beating inside my chest like a caged bird willing to be freed. Damon tilted my head upwards and leaned closer to me, the red light causing his eyes to appear a darker blue than they usually were. "Do you feel anything?"

"I-"

I didn't get a chance to push him away or tell him that he had more than one question when a sudden flash of light came from the hallway. There was a huff and then a sound of retreating footfalls before the room darkened again.