I'm Wet, Ask Me How (26)

Once the class ended, Kat left with Aisha to head out to the SuperMart, a shabby place with unlimited candy supplies. While on the isle of gumdrops and other sweets, Kat heard the store's door ring. She sprung to her feet to see who had entered the building, only to find the girl from earlier, Tory, had entered. Kat breathed a sigh of relief and moved the wisps of hair from her face.

"Tory, right?" Kat emerged from the aisle with a bright smile. "You kicked Miggy's ass back there. Thank you, he needed to be humbled." The girls all laughed. "Oh, but next time, do that to Hawk. You know, the guy with the spiked hair?"

Aisha chuckled. "Yeah, Hawk is Kat's ex...." She winced. "That, uh—that didn't go down too well."

Kat tugged at the hair tie on her wrist, almost retorting before Aisha's phone rang off. "Ugh, my mom wants me to go to the beach club! I literally can't because Sam is supposed to be there, and I don't want to see her right now."

An idea shot into Kat's mind. "Hey, what if we went with you?" She smiled back at Tory. "Whatcha say? Fancy a club filled with entitled, rich, and snobby assholes?" Kat joked, twitching her eyebrow comically.

Tory laughed and nodded. "Hell yeah. I'm down for it."

"Oh, before we go—can I return to my house and get some more fitting clothes? Maybe a shower," Kat giggled. "You two need a ride? We can go back to my place or whatever, then roll up on the beach club."

Tory's jaw dropped. "Do you mean that badass giant mansion? You live there? Like, seriously?!"

"Oh, yeah. Kat's family is loaded. She doesn't act like it, though." Aisha admitted, tossing a bag of beef jerky in her hands.

The girls checked out at the register and promptly made their way to Kat's car, the gorgeous red corvette from the 80s. "You know, my mom hasn't been there for me since I was a kid. But, I must admit...This car, it's the best thing she's ever given to me, other than life." Kat shrugged with a smile.

"Dope," Tory replied with a grin.

After a few minutes, the girls arrived at Kat's house. While unassuming from the outside, as it appeared more like a model home than an actual house, it was never less than spectacular to her guests. "So, this is my house. I'm usually not home because this place doesn't—um, well, it doesn't feel like home. If that made any sense? But, anyway!"

Tory stared at Kat incredulously. "You live in this palace, and you don't like being here?"

"It's not that...." Kat sighed. "It's lonely and lifeless. My grandma over there," she gestured to her stiffened grandma relaxing in the living room, "she doesn't know who I am."

The two girls looked back at Kat, a bit of pity but slight jealousy. "Now, about the swimming attire...."

Kat didn't like showing off her body. It wasn't that she was modest, or insecure, but the large scar from brother's shooting that stretched across her collarbone, along with the numerous scars and gashes that flooded her body were enough to warrant the hesitation of public nudity.

Before leaving to a public place, Kat almost always covered past scars with foundation, but swimming was another story. It wouldn't matter much anyways. She opted for a two piece bathing suit with purple Hawaiian flowers, and a long black sheer cover up that wrapped around her waist, hitting just above the ankles with a slit on the side.

"You guys can pick out anything from my closet. Mind you, I am kind of obsessed with clothes." Kat laughed.

Aisha's gaze drifted across Kat's closet. "Uh, Kat? You know damn well I don't fit any of—whatever this is," she snorted, holding up a skintight latex suit.