6 - ENTANGLEMENT

Hux is shocked as expected when I enter the mess hall later that day

Hux is shocked as expected when I enter the mess hall later that day. He stands, and the Strike Team seated around him turns to see. He approaches, and I pause in the center of the room, several Stormtroopers moving around me.

"You're alive?"

"I... apparently don't need to breathe." I say, and he swallows. For a moment, as I examine his face and expression, the dark dream flashes into view.

He had been kneeling, the cords wrapped around his arms and wrists, coiled around his neck.

"You saved my life. I owe you for that."

"Nonsense. I was following orders. You owe me nothing." I wave away his offer.

Had he been choking, struggling for breath as the cords wrapped tighter?

"I saw you for a moment. In the second form. I had seen the wings you'd shown me, heard people tell rumors of how you looked..." He trails off. "There's power beneath your skin."

They'd chained him to the black surface, arched from the tension, silver strands twining around his wrists so thick it was like stars held him fast.

"I am the Swift Knife." I acknowledge. "The Supreme Leader has his eyes on you, though. He's impressed by your work."

Hux bows slightly.

"I am honored by his focus." He swallows again, risking a small smile. "And... proud?"

"You should be. He is not impressed easily. Your talent is strong."

"Ah, but how can I compare to the Swift Knife of the First Order?"

I shake my head slightly, and summon my wings to my back.

"He gave me orders to protect you with my life." I offer. "I think that shows a preference." I give him a smile to tell him that my tone is lighthearted, and then crouch slightly and jump into the air

Those shining silver threads... did mine intertwine? By saving his life, did I bring more to wind around his limbs and drag him below the surface?