18 | Juggling Jealousies

Start from the beginning

Roux Addington knew a single bottle of the Saveur Rouge cost more than a million and even if he could purchase the entire winery and still not create a dent in his account, he spent wisely and reasonably unlike his father. This was an opportunity he could not let slip past his fingers so he would just have to suck it up.

What was the worst that could happen anyway?

" Alright, I would bring my wife along with me and let me tell you this now Charlie, if you try anything stupid, you would end up with a broken limb " Roux threatened before finally ending the call and releasing a frustrated breath through his nostrils.

Now, to inform Raina McCoy.

Theodore Stancliff took away Rouxs' briefcase as soon as he stepped into the hallway entrance. A confused frown formed on his face as he heard the sound of squeals and yelling coming from the living room.

Stepping into the living room, his brows arched at the sight before him. The pillows had been discarded from the couch and used to form a line in the center of the room. The twins had their hands pressed to their mouths to silence themselves as they continuously ran out of Raina's reach and then Raina McCoy let out a frustrated groan in return.

This was not her definition of a game. They had asked Caldwell to help them tie a blindfold around Raina's eyes as she tried to find them.

The sound of Rouxs' footsteps caught Raina's attention and she was desperate to end the game once and for all. She felt around her like a blind woman who had lost her stick till her hand brushed against the fabric of his suit. Immediately, she gripped onto his material, thinking it was Caldwell Loughty who she had no clue left midway to warm up lunch.

" I am out! " She said with glee as she took off the blind fold. Her victorious smile immediately turned to a slacked jaw as she spotted Roux before her.

He silently stared at her hand which clutched tightly onto the material of his pressed suit, forming a crease. Snapping out of her shocked state, she immediately took off her hand and took a step backwards.

" Oh my goodness! Mister Addington. I apologize, I had no idea you were the– "

" I want to speak with you " Roux cut her off midway and her cheeks immediately heated up in embarrassment before he nodded at his children and walked away.

He led her into his office and she slowly shut the door behind her before wringing her fingers nervously and staring at them. Once again, Roux Addington begun his pace.

Why was he so scared? It was not like he had feelings for Raina McCoy so why did he want to keep her away from Charlie Knight at all costs?

Placing his briefcase down on his desk, he focused on loosening his tie, " Shit.. "

" Is everything alright, Mister Addington? " Raina questioned with a frown and Roux finally stopped pacing and stood before her.

" Yes and no. We have been invited for dinner by an old friend to sign a contract and seal a deal " He stated, the words ‘old friend’ almost causing him to cringe but he did not want Raina to know about the bad blood between him and Charlie Knight, at least not just yet.

" Oh..dinner " Raina trailed, sounding unsure. The last time she went for dinner with Roux, she had been insulted but after willing herself to take etiquette classes online, she would like to think she could go through one without embarrassing herself or Roux Addington.

" You sound unsure. You do not need to worry, Raina. Everything would go smoothly and it would be a breeze " He faked a smile and she nodded before swallowing down the lump that had formed in her throat.