"My parents also work outside of town. The state, to be more specific. My sister Nancy works so she can't look after me and my little sister, Holly. So... they enrolled me here and got Holly a babysitter." I shrug, taking a sip of the drink I made earlier.

"Y'know... when you get better, we should hang out." I add and mean it. Will seems really intriguing in my eyes.

Most of the friends I had before were very lively and extroverted (I am too) but Will sets a whole different mood. A calming one. One I didn't know I needed until now. I feel like hanging out with him would be really chill. I imagine us in a playground while the sun sets, sitting on swings beside each other, gently pushing, just talking. Now that I think of it, I want to do exactly that if we ever get to hang out - which is likely since we live together, of course.

I notice his face light up, causing me to smile.

"Y-yeah! We totally should."

"Anyway, is there anything we can do? I can put something on." I suggest, turning to the large retro tv a few metres from Will and I's beds, sitting on a big, acacia stand directly in between.

I turn back to him and he nods, so I get up and turn on the tv, flicking through a few channels until we agree on 'Back To The Future.'

Will Byers

I smile when the tv is turned on, though it quickly fades a little as I watch Mike go back to his own bed. I quickly shrug it off before I overthink it, shifting my gaze to the movie.

Throughout the whole film, I don't notice myself occasionally glancing at Mike before we make eye contact from across the room. It's like deja vu - that same burning gaze from in the bathroom that made my heart skip a beat, but this time, I think it has skipped two.

Wheeler breaks our eye contact and looks at the tv, and a part of me wants me to believe that he had that same burning sensation while looking at me. Though of course, I know it's not true. Liking girls is a common norm and I doubt that Michael Wheeler would go against it. Of course, being the messed up individual I am, I don't follow that norm. Only El knows that, though.

Before I know it, the film ends and I look over to Mike, asleep. Something about how peaceful he looks while snoozing mesmerising me. Maybe it's the way his right ring finger twitches every few minutes or seconds. Or maybe I find it cute how he occasionally exhales through his mouth, making the most adorable sound.

I get up from bed and go to the kitchen, taking out ingredients from the fridge to make dinner.

6:32pm
Mike Wheeler

I wake up to the aroma of roasted chicken and caramelised onion making saliva form immensely under my tongue. I get up and go to the kitchen to the sight of Will in an apron, moving vegetables around a pan with a spatula.

"Hey, shouldn't you be in bed?" Will asks when he takes notice of my presence.

"Shouldn't you be in bed? You're the sick one here." I reply, crossing my arms as I observe his cooking.

"It's not that bad anymore. Besides, I was hungry. Aren't you?" He asks, furrowing his brows.

"Oh, no, I am! It looks great." I smile, hoping he doesn't take it the wrong way.