“Come on in Dr. Serrano. Ignore her. She's not a morning person”.

I cross my arms.

“Oh just call me Noah, ma'am”.

“Only if you drop the ma'am and call me Cassidy”.

He smiles at her and I roll my eyes.

“What are you guys up to in the kitchen mom?” I hear Ruth-Alma ask.

I turn around and she's looking at me.

“Sorry” she mouths to me.

“Oh Noah here was just telling me about his special breakfast quesadilla and he's willing to share his recipe with us”.

“Sounds yum” Poppy quips and joins them.

“And you're helping” Ruth-Alma says grabbing my hand.

I pull my hand away and she stares at me.

“No I'm not”.

“Well okay, we'll call you when were—”.

“No”.

Aunt Cassidy frowns.

“What is with you this morning Alex? And what do you mean by no huh?”.

I fight back the urge to roll my eyes.

“He's not going to be cooking anything. I never said you could. It's my house and he is definitely and very obviously not wanted here”.

“Alex...”.

I shut my eyes and raise a finger.

“Keep, my name, out of your mouth”.

“I apologized...”.

“And that's supposed to be enough to make up for how you left everything?!” I yell. “Dylan died... a part of me died with that little boy that day... I needed you!”.

“And I'm sorry I had to leave”.

I groan.

“You're always sorry!” I yell, trying to hold back the very angry tears. “You apologize, then you do it again. Then you come back and apologize. Again!”.

“Alexandra I am sorry. I know it was very selfish of me and my timing couldn't haven't been any worse but...” he trails off for a second, running his fingers through his gorgeous hair before continuing “... I swear it was important to me. I had to go get some answers”.

I scoff.

“Well good for you. I know for a fact that I've gotten my answers”.

I turn around to walk away but he grabs my hand. I shut my eyes and fight off the the tingling sensation shooting up my arm before pulling away from him.

“Don't...”.

“Alexandra I am sorry” I says looking at me in desperation.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away with the back of my hand.

“I'm sorry too Dr. Serrano. But like I said before, it doesn't get that easy. And your cartons of 'I'm sorry' isn't going to bring back those lost five years”.

His face falls. I sniff and glance around. Aunt Cass and the girls weren't there anymore. I feel my head begin to pound and my wet pyjamas weren't comfortable anymore.

“You can stay if you want” I tell him grabbing my car keys.

Odin barks and I ruffle his fur before scooping him up.