the tax collector and zoro

(You guys have no idea how surprised I am with just the amount of reads on this book, I saw it and about had a heart attack. Thank you so much.)

One day before the crew makes it to Whiskey Peak. Also I'll be using the English dub of the anime.

Ahh the high seas, nothing more calming that the gentle lull of the waves. Unless you have to do a job where people might try to fight you. Just like you right now, reaching the shore of Whiskey Peak. They have already been made aware of your arrival. So they should be able to cough up the money.

If not then it will continue to increase or they'll have to pay in different ways. Besides it's only land taxes they should be able to pay.

But as you reach the river to go in you hear screams. Screams? Only to find out moments later that they were cheers. So loud.

You stepped of the boat and were welcomed by a man with odd hair and a saxophone.
"Welcome to Wiskey Peak."
"Yeah yeah I know. Anyways sis uh I'm Mr. Half yeah I know, a real shocker. But I'm hear to collect your land taxes. Can't just have a entire island free ya know."

"Uhh why don't we talk about this over some drinks?" Asked Mr. 8.
"Sure but I'm not drinking anything."
"Right this way."
He shows you to his office likely to do the math on the money owed.

"So Mr. 8 I heard that there's another number officer on this island. Where is he and his partner?"
"They're out at the moment for food."
"Mmhmm. So you'll still be able to pay or not? After all, I'm a busy man mr. 8."
"Yes you'll still be able to get the money. But," you raised your eyebrow. "It's getting rather late mr. Half would you like to stay the night and leave in the morning."
"Yeah I need my beauty sleep. So where am I staying?" You asked.
"Lets do the work first, then I'll show where you can stay."
"Ok I guess."

Time skip

'This place is so camp.'
But at least there was a bed.
Well you can leave now, you may have slept in a bit tho.

You heard cheers?
What?

You left your room and saw pirates.
'I almost forgot about this. It's just an entire catfish town.'

"-And the licker flows as bountiful as sea water. Would you permit us to throw a party in your honor, so that we may hear," he weirdly cleared his throat. " Your tales of adventure."
"We'd be glad to!" Said a band of three idiots.
"Idiots." Said the pretty ginger "By the way how long until the log pose records this islands magnetic field?"
"Oh such boring details we'll have to keep for now. Surely you'd like o rest after your journey. Now let's prepare to party sing and be merry, entertain our guests!"

While you watched this scene three stood out to you. The buff and unfairly attractive green one, the hot blonde one, and the gorgeous ginger. Of course the other two with them stood out too, just not in the those three were to you.

Time skip

The guy named Ussop was telling his fake tales, you found them quite charming.
You sat down next the ginger.
"You know this is fake right?" You said in a quite yet serious voice.
"Yeah I've known. Why are you asking this?"
"You guys seem interesting, and I'm bored. But do your friends know too?"
"Probably not, they're idiots."

"What are youguys talking about?" As the green haird guy sat next to you acting casual. You could tell he was on guard though, good he has a bit of sense.
"Oh nothing much other than if your crew knows this party's fake."
"So I was right, seemed shady."
"You two can call me n/n. So gorgeous, handsome what are your names?"
"I'm Nami and that's Zoro."
"Zoro? Seems familiar. Are you by chance the pirate hunter?"
"Yeah what's it to you?"
"No need to be so harsh handsome. Ask me anything that's not too personal, and I'll answer. Although I would wait till later because he's coming over."