Chapter 8

TW: Kidnapping 

|| Tommy POV ||

I went back to my room, slightly guilty. I decided firmly that if Will and Techno were going to hide stuff from me, I didn't have to feel guilty about finding out. It wasn't my fault, anyway.

If there was anything that would fix this, it was some chocolate.

I opened the secret cabinet where I kept most of my sweets, but instead of a messy stack of chocolate was a collection of blades and knives. All of them were carefully sheathed, but easy to grab and swing into action. Their placement was delicate and precise, meaning only one person could've done it.

Techno.

I lifted out a few of them. The metal gleamed in the early morning sun. The etching in the hilts confirmed my suspicions, they were Techno's old blades which I hadn't seen in a long ass time.

Tucked into one of the blades was a necklace made from silver. I stared at it, wondering whether Techno meant to give it to me or forgot to take it back. The pendant was a sterling silver... raven? I wasn't sure. It was Mom's, one of the few surviving remains from the fire. I blinked back tears.

* * *

"Tommy, do you want to hear a story?" Will asked me softly, untangling the chain from my hands. I reached out for it, but he was firm. I barely nodded before burying my face into his shoulder, blinking back tears. "Look, Tommy." I turned to look at the necklace which now lay gently in his palm. "This little bird doesn't have a home, but she has her wings. Even if she has no nest to come home to, no baby birds and no lover bird, she still can fly. And even if all odds are against her, and she has nowhere to sleep, she still sings her little tweety bird song."

I looked up at him. "Are we like the birdie now?" I whispered.

He nodded, refusing to make eye contact. "We don't have a home right now, but we'll make a new nest, and we'll sing our song, ok Toms?"

I was about to reply when Techno said "Wilbur" in a low voice. We both looked up at our brother, who was standing in the doorway of the empty room. "Put Tommy to bed, it's far too late for him to be up."

"I- I was about to! I was just telling him a story!" Will replied, flustered.

Techno sighed. "You never listen, do you?"

"I guess it runs in the family." Will smirked, carrying me over to the mattress as Techno left the room to sleep on the couch. We were lucky that Phil had let us stay over for a little bit, but there wasn't enough space in his tiny apartment for the four of us. Techno was looking for a house, but he was exhausted between hero training and everything else. Even if they were twins, Techno acted like the oldest while Will babysit me. 

I looked up at Wilbur as he settled onto the floor. "Will?"

"Yes, Tommy?"

"Can you sing me our song?"

He smiled, picking up his guitar.

* * *

I stared at the weapons silently, before deciding to do the only reasonable thing in a circumstance where the brother you're mad at gives you far too many weapons for no particular reason except the one that confirms your ever sinking suspicions.

I called Tubbo.

In a matter of minutes, he was crawling through my window. "So, where's the Blade's blades?"