Old Enemies

I stopped for a moment, squinting at the bright light that cracked thought the curtains.  The suns rays quickly danced across my boney collar bone, one of my favorite features of my body. I smiled and gracefully swiped up my favorite nude lipstick and smothered it on. 

" Zoe! Where the hell is the cereal? You fat beast, did you eat it all?" My sister chuckled at the last statement. There was no humor, just a bit of sheer bitterness that bit you at the end. I hesitated before an answer,  frowning. I felt a pit in my stomach as it growled and churned in pain. I turned to mirror and moved to get a slight side view. I Gazed down and pulled at the sides of myself. Ribcage; perfect, not a piece of fat today. I grinned happily, in reassurance. My stomach stopped it's wining and settled down. 

Ten more pounds until my goal.

" Hello?"  my sister screeched

" Oh yeah, umm should be up in the cabinet." I responded gingerly

" Thanks fat-ass!" 

How shrewd, she's 30 pounds heavier than me and I don't call her names. Maybe I just can't see whats outside of me. Maybe, just maybe, I am fatter than what I believe.

I glared one more time in the mirror. Through the brightly shown sun rays of the early morning, I almost looked decent. Almost. I spun around to face the clock. 

" Shit, it's 7:40!" I screamed. I turned, flung the door open and dashed down the stairs. 

The carpet on the old yellow 1980s rug scrapped my gigantic feet. I turned left swung my book bag over my shoulder, seemingly crushed by the weight. 

Almost there...

" Where do you think you're going?" My sisters wide frame filled the door. Her brown giant eyes pierced through my like blades. 

" To school, I'm late! Now, move!" I shoved her, but instead of her moving I moved right on back. 

" Aw, little Zoe forgot to eat her breakfast" She teased and shoved a bowl of Fruit Loops in my face.

" Smell the sugar? The decadent taste? How about the calories?" she cackled and slide the bowel under my nose.

I reassured my self This is a battlefield. Me against the world of food. Food is not our friend, it's the enemy. You are not weak. You have the most will power in the eight grade, in New York City even. Now, set aside all hunger, thought, and sense of smell. It's a vile thing, that will only add big hips to you. 

I shoved the bowl out of the way. Pushing my hunger, fear, and unhappiness along with it. 

I smiled, " Now if you don't mind, I need to catch a bus." 

My sister moved out of the way, frowning, knowing she failed to provoke me to eat. 

Zoe: 1 

Elena:0 

Take that bitch. I smirked and shut the front door.