~How Much That Meant To Me (Keefex)~

Start from the beginning

I raised my eyebrows with curiosity. "Really? Where?"

"Have you heard of Moonglade?" Dex asked me. I shook my head no.

"It's a nice place I go when I want to clear my head," Dex offered. "We could go there. It's best at dusk, though, so we'd have to wait about half an hour to leave."

"Woah, woah, woah, let's not take Lord Hunkyhair anywhere too dark! I mean, I'm all for some stargazing, but the Neverseen is still a thing. Maybe we could go somewhere a little more crowded, at least?" Ro reasoned.

"Hey, back the T-Rex up!" I said, a glint of humor returning to my ice blue eyes, making Dex grin with relief. "You like stargazing?"

Ro's eyes widened. "No, of course not!!"

"Ro totally likes to stargaze. I'll add that to the Ballad of Bo and Ro today!" I snickered at my bodyguard. Dex cracked up.

"Lord Hunkyhair, it might be smart for you to remember that I still have those ogre bacterias right in this jar," Ro said, gritting her teeth as she pulled out a jar of amoebas.

"Worth it! The Ballad of Bo and Ro needs a romantic stargazing moment!" I declared as Dex rolled on the floor with laughter.

"Keefe, watch out for bacteria next time you eat," Dex said through hysteric laughs, pointing at Ro's ice cold glare.

"Your tech friend is right," Ro said grimly.

"Like I said, so worth it." I grinned at Dex widely. "Moonglade sounds awesome. Want some tea before we go?"

Dex nodded gratefully. "Iced, please. I don't like hot temperatures." Dex wrinkled his nose at the humid black sanded beach outside as I galloped toward the kitchen and took my favorite sparkly golden kettle from the cupboard. I frowned at the golden color that reminded me of the flecks in Sophie's warm brown eyes, and instead took out a smooth periwinkle one.

"Which flavor?" I asked Dex, who was leaning on the counter with his elbows and the sole of his left shoe propped up against the wall of the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Oh, apple, please," he said politely, gazing out the window while deep in thought.

"Biana always told me you had the worst taste in flavors," I said with disgust. "And now I know that's true first hand."

"You can blame the triplets for that, oh, Biana probably told you the story, didn't she?" Dex assumed.

"Actually, no, I didn't know there was one in the first place," I smiled, turning on the stove above the periwinkle kettle and turning towards Dex, smiling genuinely for the first time today.

"Well, it's not exactly a long one," Dex explained. "Basically every Sunday, I hack the ATM in the Forbidden Cities to get my siblings ice cream. And they always used to steal my ice cream until I started to get the gross flavors, and now they wouldn't even dare touch the stuff I eat." He grinned, flashing deep dimples carved into his face.

"I like your style, Dizznee." Dex smiled and said something that was muffled by the screeching of the boiling tea kettle.

"What flavor did you get?" Dex fired back, looking over my shoulder as I poured the tea into small porcelain cups, dumping a couple of ice cubes into his.

"Cinnamon spice," I answered, sipping my strong scented tea.

"Okay, that's even grosser, you have no right to judge my taste," Dex argued at me good naturedly, sipping his own cup of tea.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I yelled suddenly, summoning a pink haired ogre into the room at full speed.

"I knew something was going to happen to the two lov-" Ro jumped in the room, glaring at me with hatred as I cheekily smiled back at her.