𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓: 005

"Soooo," You drawled out, spreading some butter on a peach roll. You had showered, much to Wukongs pleasure as he sat across from you at the kitchen table. "You wanna, talk about,,,earlier?" He raised a brow, spoon filled with creamy, peach curry just cinameters from his face. "Earlier? Well, there's nothing, nothing to talk about." He shrugged shoveling the food in his face, the bristle of his fur and the grin that sprouted soon after gave you more than a hint that he was certainly enjoying his food. "You smelled, and that's that-" He shrieked when you launched yet another roll at his head. He turned to you, slowly might I add for dramatic affect, dramatically he pointed a harshed finger in your direction. "How dare you!? With the amount of time I've slaved over that stove you-"

"Wukong! You did not, slave over any stove! You didn't even cook this!" He sputtered over you accusation. Hand griping firmly to his chest as he stared at you, mouth wide open (m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ w̶i̶d̶e̶ o̶p̶e̶n̶ m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ w̶i̶d̶e̶ o̶p̶e̶n̶ m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ w̶i̶d̶e̶ o̶p̶e̶n̶ l̶i̶k̶e̶ i̶ w̶a̶s̶ a̶t̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶s̶t̶) "Wah! Well I never! I'll have you know I-"

"Wukong, just after I got out of the tub I seen the food containers you so poorly hid in the trash can, there still there!" You could only blink before you seen the great Sage stomping his foot in the bin to crush the boxes up as he sent you ever excuse in the book over his shoulder. You sighed a bit before calling out to him again, successfully gaining his attention. "Sun, I still wanna know what was up with you earlier,,,I mean," You rolled a manicured nail down your soft cheekbone. "You seemed pissed. And I just, ion know," Shrugging you watched as he seated himself across from you, an unreadable glare over his face. "I just, wanna know if,,,You're ok." He sighed, gingerly scratching at the fur of his neck. "It's-" he took another breath. "You smelled, familiar--like, you smelled like someone I knew, and I so happen to not have,,,the best experience, with said person." You blinked, allowing him to continue. "And me and this person go way back, so smelling them on you gave me,,,bad memories, I mean I've done some pretty crazy shit, like I've litteraly eaten people-"

"A known fact I'd like to ignore."

Wukong snorted, "But, I did something,,,awful, to this person and--" He looked down, his palms meeting his awaiting eyes. "I feel ashamed about it, I let my anger and my temper get the best of me and I lost a friend that day. So, I don't know I just,,,heh, yea." He appreciated how your eyes looked at him with such tenderness, he was greatful you didn't seem upset or repulsed. In fact, he was shocked when your arms encased him in a hug. Pulling him softly against your chest. "I'm not sure, what happened with you or your friend." He nearly teared up, 'friend' "But, I'm sure that one day, you'll work it out--especially if you can admit that what you did was wrong, you're holding yourself accountable for your actions, and even if they don't necessarily forgive you,,,I'm sure they'd be happy to know just how far you've come Sun Wukong." You didn't ridicule him when you felt patches of wetness meet your breast, you only pulled him closer, rubbing the pad your thumb over the folds of his ear. Hushed cooes escaping your lips when he began babbling nonsense, the lingering smell of oakmilk and honey clouding his senses when you pulled him closer. Maybe you had judged him too quickly, who truly knows?
☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

You don't remember falling asleep, nor putting the food away as you strolled around your studio apartment, watering the various plants that decorated the homey place. Wukong had left that morning before you woke so you assumed he was the one who tittied the place up and was kind enough to make your batch of coffee the way you liked it.

You rushed a bit, gathering clothes for work today. Something cute and simple today. A nice sleevless blouse with sky blue zigzag lines that rode vertically up and down your button up. A pair of semi white; semi beige flare out jeans to go with it. It mightve been white, but it tiptoed lightly on beige. And to pair it off a pair of blue wedges, jewelry was simple today as well just a pair of rings, hooked earrings a few necklaces. You felt expensive and the look was definitely right on you. You barely had enough time to soak your press on's off and replaced them with white tipped ones, because, nobody could do wrong with a classic white tip. Your toes had already been painted a few nights before so they matched the press on's you had now.

(Lowkey, this fit is ass, like I like the thought of it, but not how it's laid out ya know)

Removing your bonnet you mess around the curls of your lace, swooping the bangs and thanking yourself for laying and tying your edges down once you got out of the shower last night. Grabbing your keys you locked the door behind you and decened down the steps, no sooner as you reached your car your phone went off. You hummed seeing a picture of Mk popping up on the screen, the photo taken by Mei truly was your brother getting smacked right across the face by Pigsy's wooden spoon.

"Yo, what's up Mk, you don't usually call this early-"

"(NAME)! HAVE YOU SEEN THE MONKEY KING!?"

You rose a brow, "If you mean, The "Great Sage equal to Heaven" and your current obsession, then no, haven't seen him since last night." Unlocking the door to your car you were almost seated until you heard a lowly groan. "Well he wasn't here at flower fruit mountain! Or his shame temple! Or- wait, WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU "haven't seen him since last night"!? WHAT WAS HE DOING AT YOUR PLACE!?" You snort, raising out of your car as you approached the noise carefully, pretty, pink taser clutched in your hand just incase. "He has a shame temple?" You could hear Mk fumming over the phone, catching a brief 'that's not the point!' As you stalked closer, pushing the bushes back you let out a heaved sigh. "Yea, Mk, baby bro, I'm gonna have to call you back."

"Wait! (Name)-!!" Pocketing your cell phone you places your hands on your hips as you took in the disheveled form of the Monkey King himself.
☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Yea, another short one today :'))