𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟: 001

"(Name)! (Name)! Over here!" You perked up, ear twitching slightly at the familiar voice. Pushing the hair out of your face you gave him a toothy grin, gap between your pearls nearly blinding him. "Hey MK!" You chirped, opening your arms to allow your younger brother to sprint into them. He hugged you tight, bunching the material of your button down. "Oh it's been too long (Nickname)! I've missed you!" He whined, burying his face into your neck, the heat giving his tan skin a bronze color, his bandana stuck to his forehead and the sweat it managed to suck up smudged against your cheek causing you to squeal. "Ew! MK! You're all sweaty!" Pushing him back you both let out whines, one due to the lack of your plush hug and the other out of mere disgust.

"Besides its only been a week n' half since you've last saw me."

"A week and a half too long!"

You giggled, ever since MK's been staying with Pigsys he's made it his personal mission to visit his older sister whenever he could. It was hard enough without the Monkey Kings powers-between hanging out with his friends and balancing spending time with you the surprise powers only added a toll on him. You didn't mind of course, allowing him to take as much time as he needed. You reminded him to make time for himself as well after a MK clone whisked you away for a day at the beach-only for said clone to tie you to an harpoon threatening to send you hurling towards a pack of hungry sharks.

Not the best day for either of you.

Shaking your head you pulled out the package you had for him. "You forgot your lunch, Pigsy called and asked me to drop it off for you." Handing him the finely wrapped box you smoothen put your button up. It was hot and the tread up the mountain didn't make your trip an livelier.

Fit of the Fic:

Although maybe you should've worn flats or a pair of sneakers

Although maybe you should've worn flats or a pair of sneakers. But that didn't matter because the large grin that broke out over your brothers face may have been worth it. "Ah yea! Lunch! Perfect timing too! Do you wanna meet monkey king!?"

"You mean the irresponsible mentor who sometimes dumps his problems onto you all without the regard of your feelings or the trauma that may have caused you?"

",,,Yea,,,but- "

"Not to mention how secretive he is. How are you supposed to trust him fully if he can't-" Your brother whined.

"Ok! Ok! I get it! Do you wanna meet 'm or not!?"

You frowned, "Not really-" "Great!"

Without so much as a protest the Monkie Kid grabbed your arm, racing down the path of the mountain. How you were able to keep up you hadn't a clue as you both raced past branches, leaped over fallen branches and ducked under vines. The laughter and action followed after made you remember when you were both children. So innocent and full of life with the whole world ahead of you both.

What happened?

With a soft chuckle you grinned watching your brother stammer over rocks-hands flailing around to avoid falling in the water below him. Strapping your purse over your shoulder you gracefully balanced on the rocks, the light clack of you heels mixed with the water gave you a sense of serenity. Everything in this moment felt perfect, just you and your younger brother. Giving him a smug look you pulled you button down a bit in the back. "Pfft- no one likes a showoff." Crossing his arm, sending a pout your way you rolled your eyes before ruffling his hair. "Yea yea whatever, why are we in front of a waterfall?"